- The Upside of Vertical Turning. // Production Machining;Jul2012, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p38
The article provides information regarding the capabilities of vertical turning centers. It informs that the idea of flipping vertical turning lathes to 180 degrees using the main spindle to carry and place the cutting tools has provided a low cost series of production. It tells that the...
- HEAVY MACHINE TOOLS - HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS USED FOR CLAMPING/UNC LAMPING TOOL HOLDERS. PRODAN, Dan; BUCURESTEANU, Anca; BALAN, Emilia // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2009, p83
In this paper there is a presentation of a simple and reliable solution used for the clamping and unclamping of the tool holders used on the heavy, horizontal and vertical lathes. The solution is used on new machine tools or rebuilded machine tools. The hydraulic unit acts independent or like a...
- From the editor. Scarpino, Betty // American Woodturner;Feb2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue, including articles by Peter Rand on kinetics in woodturning work, by Bill Neddow on woodturning tool handles, and by David Fry on Kevin Wallace's book, The Cutting Edge: Contemporary Wood...
- Threading On A Lathe. Palmer, Stuart; Kanagowski, Mike // Modern Machine Shop;Jan2003, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p74
No abstract available.
- Swiss Machine With Simultaneous Turning, Milling/Drilling--Methods Machine Tools, Booth 762. Danford, Matthew D. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr2007, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p179
The article features the Maier computer numerically controlled (CNC) Swiss turning centers from Methods Machine Tools.
- Multitasking Center Features Single-Spindle, Single-Turret. // Production Machining;Apr2014, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p60
The article offers brief information on Nakamura-Tome AS-200 multitasking turning center features a single spindle, single turret from Methods Machine Tools Inc., supplier of leading-edge precision machine tools and solutions.
- Bending Alternatives. Lucas, John // American Woodturner;Dec2014, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p22
The article offers step-by-step instructions for bending thin-turned spindles to use in wood turnings.
- Vertical Turning Center. // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p80
The article evaluates the VTL-1600ATC-II vertical turning center from AbsoluteMachineTools Inc.
- A Photo Start to the Next-Gen Race. Meyers, Jason // Wireless Review;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on multimedia messaging service (MMS) on cellular telephones. Number of photo messages that were sent over Sprint's telephone network in 2003; Impact of MMS on telephone services; Efficiency of the platform that supports MMS.