Implementation of an extended-infusion piperacillin--tazobactam program at an urban teaching hospital
- Ampicillin/heparin/lidocaine. // Reactions Weekly;11/21/2009, Issue 1279, p8
The article describes the case of a 37-year-old man who developed drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) syndrome following the administration of amoxicillin for a possible dental infection and piperacillin/tazobactam for suspected neutropenic sepsis. Information on the dosage...
- TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM-A NOVEL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM AND ITS MARKET SCOPE AND OPPORTUNITIES. Kumar, K. P. Sampath; Bhowmik, Debjit; Chiranjib.B. R. M. Chandira // International Journal of Pharma & Bio Sciences;Apr-Jun2010, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p1
As a substitute for the oral route Transdermal drug delivery enables the avoidance of gastrointestinal absorption, with its associated pit falls of enzymatic and pH associated deactivation. Transdermal delivery has many advantages over conventional modes of drug administrations, it thus avoids...
- Pseudomonas sp. as a Source of Medium Chain Length Polyhydroxyalkanoates for Controlled Drug Delivery: Perspective. Kabilan, Sujatha; Ayyasamy, Mahalakshmi; Jayavel, Sridhar; Paramasamy, Gunasekaran // International Journal of Microbiology;2012, p1
Controlled drug delivery technology represents one of the most rapidly advancing areas of science. They offer numerous advantages compared to conventional dosage forms including improved efficacy, reduced toxicity, improved patient compliance and convenience. Over the past several decades, many...
- CME Questions. // Infectious Disease Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p106
A quiz about the antibacterial drugs piperacillin and tazobactam is presented.
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;6/2/2012, Issue 1404, p33
The article describes the case of a 62-year-old man who developed Kounis syndrome while receiving treatment with piperacillin/tazobactam for pneumonia.
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;6/2/2012, Issue 1404, p34
The article offers information a case of linear immunoglobulin A (IgA) bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient after receiving Tazocin (piperacillin/tazobactam).
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;11/20/2010, Issue 1328, p36
The article describes a case of generalised non-convulsive status epilepticus (NCSE) in a 63-year-old woman during treatment with piperacillin/tazobactam for a urinary tract infection (UTI).
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;10/27/2012, Issue 1425, p31
The article describes a case of thrombocytopenia in a 48-year-old woman that developed following treatment with piperacillin and tazobactam for an obstructed infected kidney secondary to a pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction.
- Meropenem. // Reactions Weekly;1/15/2011, Issue 1334, p31
The article describes the case of a 49-year-old man with progressive B-cell lymphoma who experienced neutropenic fever during treatment with chemotherapy consisting with piperacillin/tazobactam and gemtamicin.