- BELIEVING IN HERSELF. Cook, Patricia // New Orleans Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p72
The article profiles Patricia Cook, a doctor. The section discusses the life and career of doctor Cook, including information on how did her sister's doctor influence her to be a physician. Doctor Cook attended at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, graduating in...
- LSU, NME to negotiate over new teaching hospital. Kaplan, Blake // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/11/94, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Reports on negotiations between the Louisiana State University Medical School and National Medical Enterprises for the building of a teaching hospital. Proposed site for the construction; Projected cost of building.
- Physician Affairs. // Modern Healthcare;11/21/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p31
The article presents news briefs on healthcare in the U.S. as of November 2005. There was a decline in the operating profit of the American Medical Association. The Louisiana State University School of Medicine may be closed after the struck of Hurricane Katrina. Primary-care physicians have...
- Good news at med schools. Zigmond, Jessica // Modern Healthcare;8/21/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p26
The article focuses on the state of healthcare infrastructure in Louisiana one year after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Louisiana State University (LSU) School of Medicine chancellor Larry Hollier states that the school has had no reduction in the number of applicants for the 2006-2007...
- Medical News. Ravits, Sarah // Louisiana Life;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p12
The article offers news briefs related to medicine in Louisiana. Topics include the "Service to Mankind Award" received by Sherry Mouton, audiology manager at University Hospital and Clinics, from the Lafayette Breakfast Sertoma Club, the comprehensive cancer-management program of the Louisiana...
- New software streamlines patients profile review. Magill-Lewis, Jillene // Drug Topics;4/16/2007, Vol. 151 Issue 8, HEALTH-SYSTEM EDITION pHSE16
The article evaluates Sentri7, electronic medical records computer software from Pharmacy OneSource.
- MEASURING COGNITIVE SERVICES. Baldwin, Gary // Health Data Management;Mar2009, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p60
The article reviews the Quantifi reporting software from Pharmacy OneSource.
- "Meaningful use": Pharmacists need to take the lead. // Drug Topics;Nov2011, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p27
The article reports on the statement of UMass Memorial Medical Center clinical informatics director John Poikonen at a webinar sponsored by Pharmacy OneSource Inc. He mentions that pharmacists have to be leading the meaningful use committees because they have the experience and know the...
- Drug-spend trend management helps boost hospital pharmacy's return on investment. Watkins, Angela // Drug Topics;Apr2011, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p21
The article focuses on the effective use of drug-spend trend-management tools by hospital pharmacies in the U.S. According to Michael R. McDaniel, the tools helps show that pharmacy services are a good return on investment (ROI). It cites that McDaniel showed in a webinar, presented by Pharmacy...