FEW NEGROES HAVE REACHED TOP AMONG DERBY SKATERS
- ROLLER GIRLS GRUISIN' FOR A BRUISIN'. Holliday, Katie // Advance-Titan (Oshkosh, WI);12/2/2010, Vol. 116 Issue 12, pB4
The article offers information on the basic game play of roller derby along with brief profiles of its players.
- Naptown Roller Girls. // Indianapolis Monthly;Feb2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p50
Photographs of the members of the Naptown Roller Girls, a roller derby league for women based in Indianapolis, Indiana, are presented including Dora the Destroyer, Deadie Page, and Itsy Gitsi.
- Women's Roller Derby? Bout time! Stockham, Amy // Liberty Press;Nov2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p29
The article focuses on the ICT Roller Girls of Wichita, Kansas.
- ROLLER DERBY STAR. // Ebony;May1954, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p56
The article profiles African American amateur roller derby athlete Quintina Cosby.
- EASY ROLLIN' Ravits, Sarah // New Orleans Magazine;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on the competition between the New Orleans, Louisiana-based Big Easy Roller Girls and the Tulsa, Oklahoma-based Green Country Rollergirls together with the Tyler, Texas-based East Texas Bombers at Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World in on March, 24, 2007. The Big Easy...
- Are you hell on wheels? // Diva;Jul2010, Issue 170, p43
The article presents insights from the women roller derby team Glasgow Roller Girls on what makes a girl skater material. Venus Velocity mentions that every league is made from hard work and dedication of the skaters. Lucky Hateball states that one should learn to trust her teammates. Coco Pox...
- She Spins Me Right Round. Hayes, Chris // Outlook Weekly;4/17/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p16
An interview with the Ohio Roller Girls is presented (ORG). When asked on what a Roller Girl is, they refer to it as an athlete who plays roller derby. The ORG say that players are composed of girls of all sexual orientation. The ORG say that there are so many great things about being a Roller...
- DANGER: CURVES AHEAD. Pfouts, Sherri // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2008, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p94
The article describes the experience of skater Serri Pfouts as a derby girl. She was the member of Naptown Roller Girls, a local league and says that violence is a given in this game with doctor's visit perhaps most common side effect which she hates going to. She says she was the first to...
- NATASHA SPETH. Brown, Katie // Louisville Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p19
The article focuses on Roller Derby Coach Natasha Speth. Speth loves hair-styling and roller skating. She coaches skaters in the Derby City Roller Girls league in Louisville, Kentucky. The league consists of just two teams. She is responsible for improving the performance of competitors on both...