it takes a VILLAGE tricks of the trade
- Simple Flow Tanks for Research and Teaching. Vogel, Steven; LaBarbera, Michael // BioScience;Oct1978, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p638
The article discusses various designs and mode of construction of flow tanks which are used for research and teaching. It states that flow tanks are exceedingly useful in a wide variety of investigations, demonstrations, and student projects in several different areas of biology. The most common...
- Survey indicates rate of extended wear contact lens fits remains low. DiPietro, Cheryl // Primary Care Optometry News;May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p11
The article discusses the results of a study on the prescribing rate of extended wear contact lenses, conducted in 39 countries from 2006 to 2010.
- One-piece IOL yields good visual results for large and small pupils. // Ocular Surgery News Europe;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses research being done on a one-piece acrylic intra-ocular lens (IOL), with reference to an article published in a 2011 issue of the "British Journal of Ophthalmology."
- Follow-up study of more than 15 years of an angle-supported phakic intraocular lens model (ZB5M) for high myopia: outcomes and complications. Ionides, Alex // Current Medical Literature: Ophthalmology;2014, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the study "Follow-Up Study of More Than 15 Years of an Angle-Supported Phakic Intraocular Lens Model (ZB5M) for High Myopia: Outcomes and Complications," by J. L. Alio and colleagues in a 2013 issue of "JAMA Ophthalmology."
- Comparison of additional pseudophakic multifocal lenses and multifocal intraocular lens in the capsular bag. Ionides, Alex // Current Medical Literature: Ophthalmology;2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p91
The article reviews a study published in the February 19, 2014 issue of the "British Journal of Ophthalmology" which evaluated patients who received pseudophakic multifocal intraocular lens (IOL) and those who received a sulcus-fixated multifocal IOL and monofocal IOL in the capsular bag.
- New products. // R&D Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p50
Presents several research and development products. Includes Barnant's Infrared Temperature Probes; Veeco Instruments' DEKTAK and DEKTAK stress measurement systems; Carl Zeiss' Axiotech reflected light microscope; Perkin-Elmer's Series 200 Vacuum Degasser.
- Laboratory products. // R&D Magazine;May95, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p41
Presents products of interest to the research and development industry. Minitool's small precision tools brochure; Velmex's catalog M-95 featuring scanning side assemblies; Wilden's Turbo 225 air distribution system; Anko Products' Mity Flex peristaltic pump.
- Test and measurement products. // R&D Magazine;May95, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p78
Presents testing and measuring products of interest to researchers. Pragmatic Instruments' 8000 Series AD power source and analyzer systems; Cole Parmer's weather monitoring stations; Leybold Inficon's smart sensor vacuum gauges; Lansmont's SL-3 miniature shock logger.
- Microscopy products. // R&D Magazine;May95, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p85
Presents microscopy products of interest to researchers. Digital Instruments' scanning probe microscope; Unitron's mask alignment microscope; Polaroid's Helios Digital Imaging System; Leica's stereo microscopes.