Rethinking Lean Service
- SLIMMING DOWN. Bates, Brooke // Smart Business Orange County;Jul2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses how MemorialCare Health System president and chief executive officer (CEO) Barry Arbuckle incorporated the principles of continuous improvement in his company. It mentioned efforts by Arbuckle to implement cost cutting and waste-reducing strategies to counteract the effects...
- The Lean Starting Line. FLINCHBAUGH, JAMIE // Industry Week/IW;Oct2014, Vol. 263 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on how to start lean practice within organizations. Among the steps mentioned are knowing the purpose of the lean effort, the history of organization for consideration of lean commitment, and the difference between quick wins and easy stuff. Also mentioned are the...
- What Comes After the Low-Hanging Fruit? Mader, Douglas P. // Quality Progress;Aug2008, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p58
The article discusses the applications of the lean Six Sigma and the four major approaches for organization-wide improvement. It determines several types of problems regarding the lean Six Sigma deployment and offers potential solutions such as expanding the Green Belts (GB), implementing the...
- FOUR VERSIONS TO VET. D. M. // Quality Progress;Aug2008, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p59
The article focuses on the four major approaches to improvement under the "lean Six Sigma" as shown by practices at industrial organizations, service organizations and consulting firms. Among them is the Traditional Six Sigma (TSS) which is considered to be effective problem-solving strategy for...
- Compliance: still a board-level issue. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p176
The author reflects on the continuing increase on cost and complexity in complying business related laws and regulations commonly known as "compliance fatigue" in most business organizations. The author acknowledges financial service industry and public sector for their quick response in...
- Quality management. Sullivan, Margie // NZ Business;Nov95, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p46
Cites a survey conducted by human resources consultant Ross Henderson on what New Zealand companies expect from total quality management (TQM) programs. Dominance of positive effects of quality programs in the human relations areas of improved morale, internal communication, motivation and...
- The European Foundation for Quality Management can help you. Graves, Spencer // Quality Progress;Dec98, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p77
Focuses on quality management strategies for businesses in Europe used by the European Foundation for Quality Management. Enablers consisting the management model that functions to produce results; Initiatives used by the foundation to keep pace with global competitiveness.
- WHY MOST QUALITY EFFORTS FAIL. Szwergold, Jack // Management Review;Aug92, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the implementation of total quality (TQ) management in business enterprises. Enthusiasm of several companies on the implementation of TQ management; Importance of understanding the concept of TQ; Guidelines for the implementation of TQ management.
- TQM works over time. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;08/31/98, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p37
Discusses the findings about the benefits of total quality management (TQM) programs to companies. Information on the financial performance of firms with effective TQM programs; Comments from Dr. Vinod Singhal, associate professor at Georgia Institute of Technology; Criticism on TQM.