Switch off for savings
- HOW TO GREEN YOUR OWN HOME. Mulkey, Steve; Benson, Tedd; Fleischmann, Pablo; Piedmont, Valerie // Yankee;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p54
The article offers suggestions related to increasing the energy efficiency and reducing carbon footprints of one's home including focusing on heating systems, insulation, and using solar electricity.
- Saving energy and preserving indoor air quality. Turner, William A. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p36
The article offers tips on how to reduce energy use in a building and/or preserve indoor air quality. The tips include (1) keeping heating and ventilation equipment, computers and lights off when not needed, (2) load-shedding when peaks are costly, (3) switch to more efficient lighting by using...
- Managing home energy costs -- and comfort. Carey, James; Carey, Morris // Bay Windows;11/4/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 47, Special section p31
Presents tips on managing home energy costs. Maintenance of the home heating system; Ways to control drafts around doors; Significance of adding insulation to the home.
- There must be seven ways. Skaer, Mark // Engineered Systems;Feb95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Lists seven steps for cutting energy use without sacrificing comfort especially during the winter months as outlined by Pace perimeter heat control system inventor Bill Piegari.
- SLASH YOUR HEATING BILLS! Scheckel, Paul // Mother Earth News;Dec2005/Jan2006, Issue 213, p26
The article presents tips on controlling heating bills during winter. There are numerous ways to improve the energy efficiency of a home. The thermostat should be turned down to reduce fuel costs. Using a programmable thermostat can be cost-effective. Drafty windows should be repaired or...
- Waiting for a Rebound. Busta, Hallie // Prosales;Jul2012, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p50
The article examines the impact of growth in the housing market and new energy codes on the insulation market in the U.S. in the near term. A 3.1 percent annual growth in demand for residential insulation through 2016 is expected by the Freedonia Group. Information is also presented on several...
- HOW TO BUILD THE ULTIMATE TECH HOME. // Stuff India;May2014, p117
The article offers tips on how to build an energy-efficient high-technology home. Topics discussed include the use of smartphones to remotely monitor electricity consumption, the creation of an intelligent, remotely controlled heating system using the TadoConnector Kit, and the installation of...
- A parent's guide toâ€¦energy efficiency. Howell, Denise // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);2/5/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4155, p19
The article presents a discussion on how families can reduce their carbon footprint and be energy efficient. In order to lessen energy efficiency, it is advised to check if the heating system is working well and that homes are insulated. It is recommended to use energy saving light bulbs than...
- MODERN HOT TUBS: EFFICIENCY REDEFINED. WALKER, VIC // Pool & Spa Marketing;Oct2012, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p38
The article discusses trends and innovations to hot tub design and development. It states that early hot tub designs were not that energy-efficient and these focus on promoting relaxation and social aspects of products. It says that component design is the main area that makes hot tubs more...