Effects of Orthopaedic Immobilization of the Right Lower Limb on Driving Performance
- PROPERTIES OF A HYBRID PLASTER-FIBREGLASS CAST. Charles, Mark N.; Yen, David // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p365
Evaluates the suitability of a plaster-fiberglass hybrid cast for orthopedic applications. Comparison with plaster of Paris and fiberglass constructs; Use of an Instron servo-hydraulic system to test the casts in three-point bending and shear; Assessment of strength, stiffness, weight and cost.
- Fabricating Foot Orthotics. Henry, Timothy J.; Cohen, Lee // Athletic Therapy Today;Jan2000, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p22
Features the steps in fabricating foot orthotics in the clinical setting. Basis for the design and fabrication of orthotic devices; Material commonly used for temporary soft orthotics; Usage of Orthoplast in making rigid orthotics for turf toe.
- Plaster Supplies. Arain-Saleem, Saem; Poggio, Tony; Borreggine, Joseph; McNeill, Misty // Podiatry Management;Oct2013, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p14
A letter to the editor about what code to use for plaster supplies and for reimbursement is presented.
- Use of a Cast Compared with a Functional Ankle Brace After Operative Treatment of an Ankle Fracture. Lehtonen, Hannu; Järvinen, Teppo L.N.; Honkonen, Seppo; Nyman, Markku; Vihtonen, Kimmo; Järvinen, Markku // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2003, Vol. 85-A Issue 2, p205
Background: Controversy continues with regard to the optimal postoperative care after open reduction and internal fixation of an ankle fracture. The hypothesis of this study was that postoperative treatment of an ankle fracture with a brace that allows active and passive range-of-motion...
- OsÅ‚abienie pola elektromagnetycznego niskiej czÄ™stotliwoÅ›ci przez opatrunki gipsowe i gorset ortopedyczny. Żurawski, Piotr; Naskręcki, Ryszard; Michalak, Maria; Jadżyn, Maciej; Stryla, Wanda; Knapczyk, Marlena // Physiotherapy / Fizjoterapia;2006, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p15
The aim of the study was to establish the weakening effect of plaster cast and orthopaedic brace on the low-frequency electromagnetic field generated by a introductor mat and an intensive applicator. The induction was measured by a measuring probe calibrated with the use of a magnetometer. The...
- New Products & Services. // O&P Business News;8/15/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p71
The article introduces orthotic and prosthetic products. HOPE Orthopedic introduces its VertaLux and VertaLux Lite Mid-Profile design, a bracing solution for comfortable torso support and spinal motion restriction. WBC Industries now carries Alpha Finny Casting Shears for cast removal. Hosmer...
- Use of the Ponseti method for recurrent clubfoot following posteromedial release. Garg, Sumeet; Dobbs, Matthew B. // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;Jan-Mar2008, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p68
Background: A child with recurrent or incompletely corrected clubfoot after previous extensive soft tissue release is treated frequently with revision surgery. This leads to further scarring, pain and limitations in range of motion. We have utilized the Ponseti method of manipulation and casting...
- Early Clubfoot Recurrence After Use of the Ponseti Method in a New Zealand Population. Haft, Geoffrey F.; Walker, Cameron G.; Crawford, Haemish A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2007, Vol. 89-A Issue 3, p487
Background: Nonoperative treatment of idiopathic clubfoot has become increasingly accepted worldwide as the initial standard of care. The Ponseti method has become particularly popular as a result of published short and long-term success rates in North America. The purpose of the current study...
- Commentary. Thordarson, David // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2006, Vol. 88-A Issue 8, p1894
The author evaluates the study on the effectiveness of an immediate mobilization after operative repair compared to the immobilization with a plaster cast, in the treatment of a ruptured Achilles tendon. He believes that there are no comparative results regarding the significance of the...