Older Patients Can Accurately Recall Their Preoperative Health Status Six Weeks Following Total Hip Arthroplasty
- A prospective randomized peri- and post-operative comparison of the minimally invasive anterolateral approach versus the lateral approach. Landgraeber, Stefan; Quitmann, Henning; Güth, Sebastian; Haversath, Marcel; Kowalczyk, Wojciech; Kecskeméthy, Andrés; Heep, Hansjörg; Jäger, Marcus // Orthopedic Reviews;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p87
There is still controversy as to whether minimally invasive total hip arthroplasty enhances the postoperative outcome. The aim of this study was to compare the outcome of patients who underwent total hip replacement through an anterolateral minimally invasive (MIS) or a conventional lateral...
- A Prospective Randomized Trial of Mini-incision Posterior and Two-incision Total Hip Arthroplasty. Della Valle, Craig; Dittle, Emily; Moric, Mario; Sporer, Scott; Buvanendran, Asokumar // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Dec2010, Vol. 468 Issue 12, p3348
Background: The two-incision approach to THA has been controversial, with some authors reporting its use is associated with a rapid recovery whereas others report no differences in outcomes and a higher risk of perioperative complications secondary to increased surgical complexity....
- Increased post-operative ischemia in the femoral head found by microdialysis by the posterior surgical approach: a randomized clinical trial comparing surgical approaches in hip resurfacing arthroplasty. Lorenzen, Nina Dyrberg; Stilling, Maiken; Ulrich-Vinther, Michael; Trolle-Andersen, Niels; Prynø, Thomas; Søballe, Kjeld; Birke-Sørensen, Hanne // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Dec2013, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p1735
Background: Hip resurfacing arthroplasty (HRA) is associated with osteonecrosis of the femoral head and femoral neck fracture, which may be caused by a decrease in the perfusion of the bone initiated at surgery. Several studies have demonstrated a decreased blood flow during surgery depending on...
- Return to Athletic Activity Following Total Hip Arthroplasty. Ross, Jeremy; Brown, Thomas E. // Open Sports Medicine Journal;2010 Special Issue, p42
As demand for total hip arthroplasty increases, patients are undergoing procedures at younger ages and often choose to maintain athletic activity after the operation. However, there is little evidence as to what level of athletics is acceptable post-operatively. To this point, no prospective...
- Resultados funcionales de los pacientes sometidos a revisiÃ³n acetabular con anillos de reforzamiento. Ugalde, Humberto González; Ilizaliturri Sánchez, Víctor M.; Galindo, Javier Camacho; Ponce, Claudio Rojas; Izaguirre, Aldo // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;jul/ago2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p230
No abstract available.
- Functional outcomes in patients subjected to acetabular revision with reinforcement rings. González, H. U.; Ilizaliturri, V. S.; Camacho, J. G.; Rojas, C. P.; Izaguirre, A. // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;jul/ago2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p229
No abstract available.
- Effect of activity levels on polyethylene wear in Charnley low-friction arthroplasty. Prakash, U.; Mulgrew, S.; Espley, A.J. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Jun99, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p193
Focuses on the classification of patient activity levels following total hip replacement. Major cause of aseptic loosening after the surgery; Classification of activity levels according to post-operative occupation; Measurement of radiographic wear between the active and less active group.
- Varus will have varus; a radiological study to assess and predict varus stem placement in uncemented femoral stems. Murphy, Colin G.; Bonnin, Michel P.; Desbiolles, Antoine H.; Carrillon, Yannick; Tarik Aït Si Selmi // Hip International;Nov/Dec2016, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p554
The article discusses a study on the placement of varus stem in uncemented femoral stem. Topics covered include the study involving patients undergoing primary uncemented total hip arthroplasty (THA) with the Corail hip system, the comparison of postoperative varus alignment for each type of...
- Novel concepts:Emerging data and the role of extended prophylaxis following hip fracture surgery. Dobesh, Paul P. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 22, pS15
Explores results from a clinical trial that extended the duration of venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis after hip fracture surgery. Risk of VTE after major knee and hip arthroplasty; Effectiveness of prolonged prophylaxis of VTE in patients undergoing surgery for fracture of the upper...