RECONCILING TRUE AND INCURRED COSTS OF BLINDNESS IN NEW ZEALAND
- Family costs. Colman, Robyn; Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p9
Looks at study results on family costs in Australia. Average cost of raising a child; Total costs of child care and education accounts; Factors attributed to the difficulty of calculating the actual financial cost of children.
- Change of taxi transportation demand and policy research under the influence of Beijing residents' travel cost. Wu, X.-J.; Li, J.; Zhu, X. // Advances in Transportation Studies;2014 Special, Issue Special Vol3, p129
With the rapid development of China's economy, the continuous improvement of people's living standards and the rapid development of the taxi industry in China, the trip volume of urban taxi and the traveling demands rise rapidly. In this paper, based on the goal and direction of taxi price...
- Optimism runs high as region delivers river institute proposals. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p1
Reports that four counties are vying as the site for the Rivers and Estuaries Center, commonly referred to as the Hudson River Institute in New York State. Criteria used in the site selection; Brief characteristics of four counties; Importance of cost of living, public school and...
- Research notes. // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p327
Presents a summary of the research `Money, to Value, to Price, to Exchange, and More Money,' by Edward S. Phillips. How the natural rate of employment in relation to total productivity sets the market value of all final goods and services as aggregate supply.
- The role of management research. McCallum, John S. // Business Quarterly;Winter94, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p45
Comments on the role of management research in the standard of living in Canada. Relationship between teaching and research; Difficulty in management research; Improvement of the practice of management.
- Self-Selection Bias and Cost-of-Living Estimates. Raper, Michael // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p64
Explores the potential of using ACCRA data for cost of living research. Investigation of the possibility of self-selection bias affecting economic estimates; Effectiveness of the use of the ACCRA data.
- Picture This: A Pilot Study for Improving Street Crossings for Deaf-Blind Travelers. Franklin, Patricia; Bourquin, Eugene // Re:View;Winter2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p173
Presents information on a study which aimed to develop a card that could help deaf-blind travelers gain assistance from the public in street crossings. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion; Limitations of the study.
- The first international meeting on aging and deaf-blidness. Bagley, Martha // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Aug98, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p559
Highlights the international meeting conducted by the Acquired Deafblindness Network of Deafblind International concerning the rehabilitation needs of older adults who become deaf-blind late in life. Countries that attended the meeting; Purpose of the international meeting; Information provided...
- Methods and Results of Constructing a Typology of Families Based on Level of Material Well-Being. Lisov, V.A.; Shaposhnikov, A.N. // Problems of Economics;May89, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p33
Describes a methodology making possible to construct a typology of families according to level of material well-being. Definition of material well-being based on the conditions of human development; Features of the methods used to investigate type of families; Implementation of social policy to...