MEASURING ETHNICITY: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE THEME
- Where Do I Belong? Quaranto, Anastasia // Teen Ink;Dec2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p25
The author reflects on being caught between the Russian and U.S. culture.
- Culture and Arts. // Burkina Faso Country Review;2011, p155
The article offers an overview of the culture and ethnic identity of people in Burkina Faso.
- Do ethnic groups exist?: A cognitive perspective on the concept of cultures. Mahmood, Cynthia K.; Armstrong, Sharon L. // Ethnology;Jan1992, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p1
Proposes a revised conception of ethnic affiliation that accommodates the interpretive strategies without neglecting the reality of identifiable cultural groups. Existence of a Frisian culture; Persistence of ethnicity as a theoretical problem; Changing models of how we think; Cognition and...
- KINDS OF PLAINS CREE CULTURE. Braroe, Niels Winther // Ethnology;Summer2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p263
Compares the community of the past to that of the present and explores the utility of current theorizing about the culture of ethnicity for explaining what has happened to the Nehiyanak. Feature of Indian identity vis-&aagrave;-vis white people; Renovation of ethnic culture and ethnic identity;...
- Hollanda'da Ä°kinci KuÅŸak TÃ¼rk GenÃ§lerinin Etnik Kimlik TanÄ±mlarÄ±: KÄ±yaslamalÄ± Bir Analiz. Canatan, Kadir // Journal of Academic Studies;Feb-Apr2006, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p123
This article describes the ethnic identity development of the Turkish youth in a multicultural school context. It deals comparatively with the process of identity definition in interaction within and between different ethnic groups. Although they were born in the Netherlands and interact with...
- CORRELATION OF ETHNIC IDENTITY AND TRADITIONAL CEREMONIALISM (CASE STUDY OF INHABITANTS OF MULTIETHNIC TRANSNISTRIA). Pavlovna, Gavriliuk Natalia // Theory & Practice of Social Development;2014, Issue 2, p1
The article carries out a research of the Transnistria region as a multiethnic society. The author discusses influence of a traditional culture on determination of ethnic identity. The special attention is paid to the Transnistria as a supra-ethnic community.
- Territorial Identity and Interethnic Relations. Kolosov, V.A.; Galkina, T.A.; Krindach, A.D. // Russian Politics & Law;May/Jun2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p5
Studies the effects of growing ethno-cultural diversity on the relations between individual national groups in Russia. Changes in ethnic composition; Ethnic tension and identity in post-Soviet migrations; Hierarchy of territorial identities and sociopolitical orientations; Interconnections...
- Diversity studies provide telling, yet troubling data. Read, Paul // Journal of Business (10756124);12/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 26, pA4
Discusses findings of two racial and ethnic diversity studies in Spokane and Kootenai counties in Washington. Increase in the number of Hispanics; Lack of significant racial and ethnic diversity; Ancestry patterns.
- Cultural Stereotypes and Social Representations of Elders from Chinese and European Perspectives. Liu, James H.; Sik Hung Ng; Cynthia Loong; Gee, Susan; Weatherall, Ann // Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology;Jun2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p149
Hierarchical cluster analyses of a trait sorting task were used to investigate social representations (and cultural stereotypes) of elderly New Zealanders (NZers) of Chinese and European origin, held by young (mean age = 17) and middle-aged (mean age = 46) NZers from both ethnic groups....