PUTTING THE KIDS FIRST: CARING FOR CHILDREN AFTER SEPARATION
- DIVORCE: HOW CAN YOU HELP THE FAMILY? Bidwell, Robert; Tyson, Robert; Sammons, William // Contemporary Pediatrics;Sept2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p33
Offers tips to pediatricians on dealing with children whose parents are going through a divorce. Effects of divorce on the behavior of children; Average age of a child when parents divorce; Information on a parenting plan for divorce parents.
- The Impact on Children of Abduction by Parents. Agopian, Michael W. // Child Welfare;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p511
The article reports on the abduction of children by parents. An abduction of a child by a noncustodial parent is considered the new consequence that children must deal with when parents decided to separate. Parental child abduction is described to be the detention of a child by a parent as a...
- Are Two Parents Really Better Than One? Valimohammadi, Samin // Journal of Contemporary Legal Issues;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
The article focuses on a study on the impact of divorce on children in the U.S. Divorce is found to be harmful to children, since unhappy couples are believed to stay together just for the sake of their children. In effect, children's behavior and academic performance, as well as their...
- A Comparison of Fathers' and Mothers' Involvement in Childcare and Stimulation Behaviors During Free-Play With Their Infants at 9 and 15 Months. Laflamme, Darquise; Pomerleau, Andree; Malcuit, Gerard // Sex Roles;Dec2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11-12, p507
Presents a study which compared paternal and maternal involvement in childcare and stimulation behaviors during free-play with their infants at 9 and 15 months. Review of related literature; Perception of the division of child rearing responsibilities; Discussion of results.
- Infant's Futures Concern Parents. // USA Today Magazine;Dec89, Vol. 118 Issue 2535, p2
Reports on the findings of a survey regarding parental concerns for their children's future.
- "I sleep in a bed with my kids". Bialik, Mayim // Parenting Early Years;Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p50
The article offers the author's views on the benefits of attachment parenting in the U.S. The author states that she sleeps with her children together with her husband which she thinks facilitates the unable-to-bereplicated- with-even-the-fanciest- baby-monitor monitoring of children. Moreover,...
- The Evolution of British Childrearing. Everett, Matt // Journal of Psychohistory;Summer2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p17
The article discusses the changes in the childrearing and parenting practices in the U.S. Over the years, parenting and childrearing in the country have improved. Parents would not want their children to suffer some of the neglect and abuse they themselves suffered during their childhood. The...
- HEROIC PARENTING. Lowrance, Michele // Family Advocate;Summer2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on the causes of the emotional harm suffered by children of divorced parents, and offers suggestions on parenting during the family crisis. The incongruity between parents' hearts and their behaviors during and after the divorce process may be a probable cause for the...
- LINKS BETWEEN PARENT CHARACTERISTICS AND ATTACHMENT VARIABLES FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS OF PARENTAL DIVORCE. Carranza, Laura V.; Kilmann, Peter R.; Vendemia, Jennifer M. C. // Adolescence;Summer2009, Vol. 44 Issue 174, p253
This study investigated links between offsprings' attachment patterns and parent characteristics in 157 females and 62 males of parental divorce. Secure females and males reported affection, respect, and closeness toward both biological parents. Offsprings' insecure attachment pattern was...