THE MEANING OF FAMILY AND HOME FOR YOUNG PASIFIKA PEOPLE INVOLVED IN GANGS IN THE SUBURBS OF SOUTH AUCKLAND
- â€˜USE RELATIVES TO HELP FEED PATIENTSâ€™. // Nursing Standard;12/3/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p10
Relatives of older patients should be involved in helping to feed them when they are in hospital, according to the chair of the Hospital Caterers Association.
- Same but different. Hakim, Catherine // Prospect;Jun2013, Issue 207, p12
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Rise of the super-family," by Alison Wolf in the May 2013 issue is presented.
- Erratum to: Longitudinal Analysis of the Role of Family Functioning in Substance Use. Sánchez-Queija, Inmaculada; Oliva, Alfredo; Parra, Águeda; Camacho, Carlos // Journal of Child & Family Studies;Jan2016, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p354
A correction to the article "Longitudinal Analysis of the Role of Family Functioning in Substance Use" which was published online on June 19, 2015 is presented.
- Aging in America: Family Caregivers Being Called on to Play Greater Role. McGill, Natalie // American Journal of Public Health;Aug2016, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p1351
An excerpt is presented of an article published in "The Nation's Health" concerning the report "Caregiving in the U.S." by the National Alliance for Caregiving and the AARP the increased role being played by family caregivers with additional information available online at...
- THE FAMILY IN SOCIAL POLICY: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE FAMILIES COMMISSION SPECIAL ISSUE. Pryor, Jan // Social Policy Journal of New Zealand;Jun2009, Issue 35, p1
The article offers information on the significant impact of social policies on families in New Zealand. According to the author, such policies could develop and sustain positive family relationships, which would also foster the development of socially involved young people who could contribute...
- CHAPTER I. // Girl in Ten Thousand;3/ 1/2008, p2
Chapter I of the book "A Girl in Ten Thousand " is presented. It explores the role of Effie, an eldest daughter in the family specially in helping her mother Mrs. Mary Staunton in all the household chores and caring her younger brother and sisters. It highlights the friendship between a...
- FOCUS ON FAMILIES: NEW ZEALAND FAMILIES OF YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW. Cribb, Jo // Social Policy Journal of New Zealand;Jun2009, Issue 35, p4
This article, based on the Families Commission publication The Kiwi Nest: 60 years of Change in New Zealand Families (2008), will discuss how family forms and roles within families have changed over the past 60 years, and will consider the future implications for those interested in families....
- Changing roles increase family, work pressures on men. Smith, Malcolm // New Hampshire Business Review;6/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p23
The article presents the author's opinions on the effects of changing patriarch and matriarch family roles. It has been recognized that the changing familial role of men for decades has affected the balance in their lives. The author noted the study on work and family conflict factors and...
- Measurement Development and Validation of the Family Supportive Supervisor Behavior Short-Form (FSSB-SF). Hammer, Leslie B.; Kossek, Ellen Ernst; Bodner, Todd; Crain, Tori // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Jul2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p285
The article focuses on a study on measurement development and validation of the family supportive supervisor behavior short-form (FSSB-SF). According to the authors, scholars have showed the value of FSSB, which is defined as behaviors exhibited by supervisors that support the family roles of...