USING CENSUS DATA TO EXAMINE CHANGES IN WELLBEING FOR SAMOAN, COOK ISLAND, TONGAN AND NIUEAN HOUSEHOLDS
- The dynamics of living arrangements in later life: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey. Evandrou, Maria; Falkingham, Jane; Rake, Katherine; Scott, Anne // Population Trends;Autumn2001, Vol. 105, p37
Living arrangements are a key dimension of quality of life and well-being in old age. Availability of family care, as well as social and economic support, is in part a function of whom you live with. In order to be able to forecast future changes in household composition, particularly in...
- Do Household Heads Speak for the Household? A Research Note. Bookwalter, Jeffrey; Fuller, Brandon; Dalenberg, Douglas // Social Indicators Research;Dec2006, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p405
Many recent household surveys include questions about respondentsâ€™ subjective well-being. Nearly all of them, however, pose these questions only to the household head. This paper addresses an issue with practical and methodological concerns. Can survey designers ask only household heads...
- Policy: Time to legislate for the good life. Seaford, Charles // Nature;9/29/2011, Vol. 477 Issue 7366, p532
In this article the author discusses the interest of global governments in well-being and its subjective measurement. He says that bringing good lives can be made possible through economic growth. He emphasizes that though moderate economic growth is good for well-being, the disruption to lives...
- IS OUR GAY VILLAGE HAVING A MID-LIFE CRISIS? Babineau, Guy // Xtra West (Vancouver);10/9/2008, Issue 395, p31
The article looks at the issue about the conditions of gay and lesbian communities in the U.S. According to the census, the number of same-sex couples San Francisco, California dropped by about five percent in the first five years of this millennium. Other states like Seattle, Washington,...
- Multidimensional Wellbeing: An Index of Quality of Life in a Developing Economy. Haq, Rashida; Zia, Uzma // Social Indicators Research;Dec2013, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p997
Human wellbeing indices can shed light on a society's quality of life. This study ranks human wellbeing by employing objective and subjective indicators of quality of life for hundred districts of Pakistan. Households level data used for the analysis includes 'The Pakistan Social and Living...
- Explanatory Notes and Estimates of Error. // Employment & Earnings;Oct2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p157
Describes the collection of data from household interviews and establishment records in the United States. Relationship between the two data series; Factors affecting the levels and trends of the data series; Comparability of household data and payroll employment data with other series; Changes...
- Census count winds down in Dallas Region. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/21/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p10
The article reports on the completion of the 2010 Census count in Dallas, Texas and the Census Bureau will likely recheck the accuracy of the data collected by calling household for answer clarification, confirmation of vacant household, and confirming geographic locations.
- The Immigrant Assistance Center going all out to get good U.S. Census Count. // CVN;2010, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses the effort of the Immigrant Assistance Center in conveying to everyone the importance of U.S. Census 2010.
- Nevada Census hitting the mark on response goals. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;04/17/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p7
Reports on the progress of Census 2000 in Nevada with the expectation of bypassing the number of responses tabulated in 1990. Percentage reached so far by the Census responses.