LIVING THE TOKELAUAN WAY IN NEW ZEALAND
- Family well-being. Wolf, Greg // High Plains Journal;12/3/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 50, p6-B
The article offers steps that can aid families in appreciating what they have as well as cultivating a greater sense of family well-being which include caring, communicating, and committing.
- What makes us sick? A quiz. GREER, BETH // Grand Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p42
A quiz about enhancing well-being, keeping family health and even improve the health is presented.
- Erratum to: Family Relationships and Adolescent Well-Being: Are Families Equally Protective for Same-Sex Attracted Youth? Pearson, Jennifer; Wilkinson, Lindsey // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Sep2013, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p1494
A correction is offered for the article "Family Relationships and Adolescent Well-Being: Are Families Equally Protective for Same-Sex Attracted Youth?" by Jennifer Pearson and Lindsey Wilkinson.
- AFTERLIFE. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);8/27/2012, Vol. 63 Issue 35, p94
The article offers information on reader Mercedes, who reached out her family through the periodical to know about the family's well-being.
- Canadians' health is mostly shaped by social determinants. Mikkonen, Juha; Raphael, Dennis // CCPA Monitor;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses the social determinants of health which are the primary factor that shape the health of Canadians. It states that Canadian's well-being is determined by several factors including health and social services, ability to obtain quality education, and food and housing....
- Homeless Street Boys in Nepal: Their Demography and Lifestyle. Baker, R.; Panter-Brick, C.; Todd, A. // Journal of Comparative Family Studies;Spring97, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p129
This article presents a study that examined the family backgrounds and lifestyles of homeless boys in Nepal. In 1990, 500 of the homeless has been identified in Kathmandu and by 1993 numbers had almost doubled. There are many other children in the streets, living with their parents in rapidly...
- Early Maternal Employment and Family Wellbeing. Gorman, Linda // NBER Digest;Nov2011, p3
The article discusses the effects of mothers' work outside the home as reported in the working paper "Early Maternal Employment and Family Wellbeing" in terms of maternal depression, self-reported health status, parenting stress and parenting quality.
- Fathering in Australia among couple families with young children. Baxter, Jennifer; Smart, Diana // Family Matters;2011, Issue 88, p15
The article discusses the importance of fathers to families in Australia. It highlights the report titled "Fathering in Australia Among Couple Families With Young Children," which aimed to increase understanding on how fathers in couple families contribute to family life. It notes some aspects...
- Being family centred. // Future Times;2011, Vol. 3, p5
The article states that the Family Commission is actively promoting the success story of the Victory Village as an example of a community exercising leadership in addressing family-centered priorities. It has documented the "Victory approach" in a case study report and a DVD, which are now part...