The Internal Validity and Acceptability of the Danish SI-3: A Language-Screening Instrument for 3-Year-Olds
- Difference in Standard Scores of Adults on the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test (Revised and Third Edition). Pankratz, Mary; Morrison, Andrea; Plante, Elena // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p714
Differences in the standard scores for the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-Revised (PPVT-R; L. M. Dunn & L. M. Dunn, 1981) and the PPVT-Third Edition (PPVT-III; Dunn & Dunn, 1997b) are known to exist for children, with typically higher scores occurring on the PPVT-III. However, these tests are...
- Improving the Positive Predictive Value of Screening for Developmental Language Disorder. Klee, Thomas; Pearce, Kim; Carson, David K. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p821
Features a study which examined a revised screening criterion designed to reduce the number of false positives in identifying children with developmental language disorder. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Development and Validation of Language Evaluation Scale Trivandrum for Children Aged 0-3 years - LEST (0-3). NAIR, M. K. C.; NAIR, G. S. HARIKUMARAN; MINI, A. O.; INDULEKHA, S.; LETHA, S.; RUSSELL, P. S. // Indian Pediatrics;May2013, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p463
Objective: To develop and validate a simple screening tool which can be used in the Community to identity delay in language development among children of 0-3 years of age. Methods: The normal range for the 33-items of "Language Evaluation Scale Trivandrum for 0-3years-LEST(0-3)" were carefully...
- Using the Preschool Language Scale, Fourth Edition to characterize language in preschoolers with autism spectrum disorders. Defense-Netrval, Danielle Azarias; Lopes Pimentel, Ana Gabriela; de la Higuera Amato, Cibelle; Miranda Fernandes, Fernanda Dreux // Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Fonoaudiologia;2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p488
The article discusses a study on the use of the fourth edition of the Preschool Language Scale (PLS-4) to characterize the language of preschoolers with autism spectrum disorder (ADS). It examines the PLS-4 adequacy to assess language abilities. It determines the relative advantage of expressive...
- Clinical Linguistic and Auditory Milestone Scale. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p466
A definition of the medical term "Clinical Linguistic and Auditory Milestone Scale," which refers to an office test intended for evaluating language development in children, is presented.
- Accuracy of Online Language Sampling: A Focus on Verbs. Furey, Joan E.; Watkins, Ruth V. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Nov2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p434
This study investigated the accuracy of online language sample data collection. Language samples were collected from 22 preschoolers (11 with language impairments and 11 typically developing) using a semiscripted, play-based sampling procedure designed to elicit 50 target verbs. During each...
- THE EFFECTS OF SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO OF AUDITORY CORTICAL RESPONSES TO EXPRESSIVE. Acar, Esra; Koçak, Büsra; Ugur, Emel; Kara, Halide Çetin; Polat, Zahra // Journal of International Advanced Otology;May2015 Supplement, Vol. 11, p60
Language delay is a deficiency in children to develop language abilities on the chronological age appropriate. The purpose of the study is to investigate the effects of signal to noise ratio of auditory cortical responses to expressive language delay. This research was conducted in the Audiology...
- Are parents of school-age children with specific language impairments accurate estimators of their child's language skills? Boynton Hauerwas, L.; Addison Stone, C. // Child Language Teaching & Therapy;Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p73
This study was designed to examine the relative accuracy of parents' estimations of the language skills of school-age children (ages 5-7) with and without language impairments. The parents of children with language impairments were more accurate estimators than the parents of normally developing...
- Back-Words. Heiss, E. Renée // Highlights;Jun2007, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p6
A language test for children is presented.