This holiday season, giving back means having fun
- Barnardo's puts alternative Queen's speech on MySpace. // New Media Age;12/3/2009, p06
The article reports that British children's charity Barnardo is broadcasting a "Teen Speech" on Christmas Day 2009 exclusively on MySpace as an alternative to the Queen's speech.
- If there is a revolution brewing IDK about it. Greenley, Charles // Advance-Titan (Oshkosh, WI);9/30/2010, Vol. 116 Issue 4, pA5
In this article the author discusses the growth and influence of social media such as Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Greeting Cards Retain Broad Appeal in Digital. // MMR;2/6/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p53
The article presents information on the retained popularity of greetingcards despite the growing popularity and variety of digital communications like cell phone, e-mail and social networking sites.
- Optical Testing: What Do System Ops and Techs Really Need? // Communications Technology;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p5
The article discusses the rising demand for more bandwidth that affects the optical testing and equipment market in the U.S. It focuses on the high download speeds required by broadband customers to run applications like streaming video, online gaming and Web-based social networking. It states...
- "NO PLACE TO HIDE"-PRIVACY BREACH THROUGH STRUCTURE ANALYSIS OF MULTIPLE SOCIAL NETWORKS. Hong, Dan; Shen, Vincent Y. // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Jan2009, p109
Today, more and more people establish their virtual identities on various on-line social networks. Since different social networks attract people with different interests, Web users may protect their privacy by publishing their profiles only to their friends, and may even use different names in...
- DO IT RIGHT DIGITAL MARKETING. // Management Today;Oct2009, p18
The article offers information in doing digital marketing the right way in Great Britain. It notes the significance of research in knowing the behaviors and demands of people in the market. It suggests the utilization of social networking sites in marketing products and services. Furthermore, it...
- Digital Citizenship. Mitra, Ananda // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
The idea of citizenship is intimately related to the notion of space and the possibility of not being a citizen arises when people move across spaces. The new technologies are beginning to call into question the relationship between space and citizenship because in cybernetic space the process...
- Human Communication Dynamics in Digital Footsteps: A Study of the Agreement between Self-Reported Ties and Email Networks. Wuchty, Stefan; Uzzi, Brian // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1
Digital communication data has created opportunities to advance the knowledge of human dynamics in many areas, including national security, behavioral health, and consumerism. While digital data uniquely captures the totality of a person's communication, past research consistently shows that a...
- Financial data? I've got a load of it to shift at the lock-up. // Third Sector;2/7/2012, Issue 693, p15
The article presents news briefs related to the charity industry in Great Britain including the winners of the Transforming Local Infrastructure fund, the Office for Civil Society's experience of information control at the social networking site Twitter when it announced winners and losers for...