HIV vaccine manufacturing facility kiboshed
- Consortium aims to raise standard of health care in Malawi. // British Journal of Midwifery;May2006, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p259
The article reports developments related to midwifery. The Health Foundation, a British charity, will invest 2.7 million pounds for a program designed to raise health care standards for babies and mothers in Malawi. The United Nation World Health Day held on April 7, 2006 focused on the shortage...
- HIV vaccine Q&A. // BOYZ;10/1/2009, Issue 944, p77
An interview with Lisa Power, head of policy at HIV charity called Terrence Higgins Trust, is presented. Power discusses positive development in the AIDS vaccine trial conducted by the U.S. Army and Thailand government. She explains that HIV vaccines are incapable of curing persons who are...
- CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p77
A list of the top charitable organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of paid employees is presented, including Opportunity Village, Goodwill of Southern Nevada, and Nevada Cancer Institute.
- Charitable Organizations. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/1/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p15
A chart is presented that lists the largest charitable organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada as of November 2006.
- Business funding. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p93
Reports the expansion of Technology New Zealand as a dollar fund aimed at helping businesses in developing technology. Involvement of funding programs; Inquiries from several business organizations; Advantage of the program; Role of the Foundation for Research, Science and Technology.
- Foundation provides emergency assistance to Alzheimer's families. // Aging;1992, Issue 363/364, p3
Reports that Alzheimer's patients and their family caregivers can receive grants of up to $500 for emergency expenses through a family relief program funded by the American Health Assistance Foundation. The grants are awarded to applicants who have depleted other means of paying for care and...
- A scientific success story. White, Robert // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p42
Reports that the Science Alberta Foundation (SAF), which has helped hundreds of thousands of Albertans learn more about specialties vital to an evolving provincial economy, may disappear unless it can come up with $3 million dollars by the end of March. Need for the educational foundation; When...
- One-on-one. // Advocate;10/31/95, Issue 693, p31
Explains an affordable way of setting up a charitable gift fund in the United States. Tax-deductible contributions that donors can make to a fund; Individuals and small groups' pooling of their resources to create a private foundation without high cost; Community trusts' sponsorship of funds in...
- Gear For Kosovo. // Backpacker;Sep99, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p19
States that manufacturers and retailers deluged the warehouses of AmeriCares, a nonprofit disaster relief organization, with tents and sleeping bags. Donation to the Kosovo refugees.