Stop the beef eaters, save the world
- The industry must take action to fight its corner. PERKINS, CARINA // Meat Trades Journal;10/11/2013, p3
The author focuses on the report of the Food and Agriculture Organisation which confirms that the livestock sector is not responsible for the global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and the industry should take action over the benefits of livestock on health and the environment.
- Livestock's Long Shadow. Jacobson, Michael F. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun2009, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p2
This article focuses on the environmental consequences of raising cattle and hogs. It notes that majority of beef and pork produced in the U.S. and Canada has environmental implications. For instance, the excrement of cattle and hogs pollutes the airs, streams and rivers. In addition, cattle...
- Taking stock. WARURU, MAINA // Down to Earth;9/16/2016, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p52
The article reports that the International Livestock Research Institute has challenged the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's methodologies (IPCC) as of September 2016 in estimating livestock emissions in Africa. Topics include the debate over the amount of livestock emissions...
- Dietary greenhouse gas emissions of meat-eaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians and vegans in the UK. Scarborough, Peter; Appleby, Paul; Mizdrak, Anja; Briggs, Adam; Travis, Ruth; Bradbury, Kathryn; Key, Timothy // Climatic Change;Jul2014, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p179
The production of animal-based foods is associated with higher greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions than plant-based foods. The objective of this study was to estimate the difference in dietary GHG emissions between self-selected meat-eaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians and vegans in the UK. Subjects...
- Too green for my taste. Fusaro, Dave // Food Processing (00156523);Oct2007, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p9
The author disagrees with an emerging green movement in Great Britain that promotes the choice of food based on carbon footprint rather than healthfulness. Food labels informing consumers the products' greenhouse gas scores and how they contribute to global warming are being launched. Walkers...
- Emissions control and reduction Laurmann, John A. // Climatic Change;Oct1989, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p271
No abstract available.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Related to Waste Fall in Latest Statistics. // Solid Waste Report;5/10/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the decline in greenhouse gas emissions caused by waste-related activities in the U.S. in 2012.
- Greenhouse Gas Ranking. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Bulgaria Country Review;2013, p179
A chart is presented that shows the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Ranking of all countries as of 2012.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Turkmenistan Country Review;2013, p212
The article offers information on the international environmental agreements and the policies to reduce global warming which includes stabilizing greenhouse gas concentrations, improving Kyoto Protocol and the treatment of emissions.