Preparing for infectious disease threats at mass gatherings: the case of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- 2010 Olympics: Securing The Sea. // Diver Magazine;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p14
The article offers information on the security preparations for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia by Navy and Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) divers. It notes that the operation was called Operation PODIUM and involved coordinated maritime surveillance patrols and...
- A festival of corporate greed. Annis, Roger // Green Left Weekly;2/10/2010, Issue 825, p20
The article discusses the preparation in Vancouver, British Columbia for the 21st Winter Olympic Games, to be held on February 12, 2010. It says that billions of dollars were spent for the construction of various facilities including a convention center, transit line, and hotels, while over one...
- 2010 firsts. Manzer, Jenny // British Columbia Magazine;Winter2009, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p22
The article outlines the many firsts in the 2010 Winter Olympic Games to be held in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Our "embrace all" attitude. Hogle, Bruce // Edmontonians;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the success of British Columbia in hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- 12 must see free Olympic events. // Filipino Post;2/11/2010, p4
The article lists the Winter Olympic events held in Vancouver, British Columbia including the Yaletown's David Lam Park, the Vancouver Art Gallery, and the Richmond City Center.
- Canada Wry. // Sports Illustrated;3/8/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 10, preceding p6
Presented is a photograph of the closing ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, which featured inflatables in the shape of beavers, canoeists, and hockey players.
- FOREWORD BY THE PRESIDENT. Fendt, Josep // FIL Magazine/FIL Magazin;Nov2009, Vol. 2, p5
A foreword to the November 11, 2009 edition of this magazine is presented.
- The Olympics. // Redbook;Feb2010, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p168
The article features women athletes to watch for during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia including Lindsey Vonn for Alpine skiing, Shauna Rohbock for bobsled and Mao Asada for figure skating.
- A new business focus at City Hall is producing results. Robertson, Gregor // Asian Pacific Post;5/20/2010, p14
The article reports on the strategic plan developed by the Vancouver Economic Development Commission and the City Hall to take advantage of the business opportunity brought by the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games which were held in Vancouver, British Columbia.