Association between parity and risk of suicide among parous women
- Women and suicide in rural China. Weiyuan, Cui // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Dec2009, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p888
The article discusses suicide among women in China and financial, health, and social factors involved in their depression. Epidemiological statistics are noted and a 2009 World Health Organization (WHO) report is noted, "Women and Health: Today's Evidence, Tomorrow's Agenda." The article speaks...
- NEDA Meeting Highlights. // Eating Disorders Review;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
The article presents highlights from a presentation made by therapists Melissa Freizinger and Carolyn Balz at the 2011 National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) meeting in California. They noted that suicide rates among women with comorbid alcohol use disorders are 57 times greater than the...
- Suicide in women. Vijayakumar, Lakshmi // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;2015 Supplement2, Vol. 57, pS233
Suicide is a global public health problem. Asia accounts for 60% of the world's suicides, so at least 60 million people are affected by suicide or attempted suicide in Asia each year. The burden of female suicidal behavior, in terms of total burden of morbidity and mortality combined, is more in...
- Having an Eating Disorder Increases Risk of Suicide. // Eating Disorders Review;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses research on the association between eating disorder and the risk of suicide. It references a study by Lindsey P. Bodell and colleagues, published in the "Journal of Psychiatry Research." The study examined the lifetime psychiatric diagnoses and lifetime suicidality of women...
- Attempted Suicide in Young Women: Correlates of Lethality. Goldney, Robert D. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov81, Vol. 139, p382
One hundred and ten young women aged 18 to 30 years who had attempted suicide by drug overdose were divided into three groups on the basis of the physical threat to life of their suicide attempt. Young women whose suicide attempts resulted in the greatest risk to life were more often unmarried...
- Fret less. Oz, Mehmet; Roizen, Michael // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p60
The article offers five stress relievers to keep the mind at ease of pregnant women. Among the suggested ways include the embracing of the knowledge in moderation and learn about parenthood and pregnancy, keeping regular exercise, quality sleep, and quality sex , and planning ahead by creating...
- red alert body & mind. Bailey, Janet // Redbook;May2001, Vol. 196 Issue 5, p44
Covers information on women's mood, behavior and health.
- 45 Ways to Instantly Feel Sexy and Healthy. Dodd, Melinda // Cosmopolitan;Mar2009, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p200
This article lists 45 suggestions for things that women can do to improve their physical and emotional health, including placing flowers beside their bed, watching a comedic film, and adopting a cat.
- Up for a Challenge? PROMAULAYKO, MICHELE // Women's Health;Oct2012, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the healthy challenges that will test women's willingness to grow and change published within the issue.