Where "stigma leaves the room"
- EVENTS. // Mental Health Today;Mar2007, Special section p4
A calendar of events related to mental health in Great Britain from March 2007 to March 2008 is presented. The Care Services Improvement Partnership (CSIP) will be running a course for service users, carers and professionals applying service improvement techniques between June 2007 and March...
- Experts call for campaign to boost nation's mental health. // Therapy Today;Nov2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
The article focuses on a report that calls for the establishment of a campaign to boost the mental health in Great Britain to combat the rising rates of depression, anxiety and drug abuse. The proposed campaign identifies five actions that people can take to boost their mental health such as...
- Mental health. England, Elizabeth // Pulse;Oct2014, p92
The article provides the do not for assessing patients with mental health issues for general practitioners (GPs) and health clinicians to ensure proper health assessment of patient, right prescription of treatment and high-quality evidence in mental health.
- Involving service users and carers in the education of mental health nurses. // Mental Health Practice;Dec2006, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the call for the widespread involvement of health service users and carers in the education of mental health nurses in England. The reason for such involvement is the political impetus aimed at making health and social care services more responsive to the needs of the...
- Focus on Mental Health Promotion. // Mental Health Today;Feb2005, p8
Provides information on national mental health promotions held in Great Britain as of February 2005. Bedforshire Breakout for young men; National Mental Health Promotion Network information services.
- Mental health scholarships available. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the Mental Health Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme, a new long-term initiative funded by the Australian Government to encourage and support people interested in undertaking postgraduate study in mental health nursing. The aim of the scheme is to improve access to high...
- Scholarships available for students pursuing mental health field. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p17
Cites the Mental Health Association in New York State Inc.'s announcement of the availability of Edna Aimes Mental Health Scholarships. Eligibility requirements; Award to be received by scholarships winners; Contact information.
- using mental health consultation: Supporting teachers, children, and families. Rubin, Lenore // Exchange (19460406);Nov/Dec2008, Issue 184, p6
The article presents a reprint of the article "Using mental health consultation: Supporting teachers, children, and families," by Lenore Rubin, which appeared in the November/December 2008 issue of "Exchange" magazine. It explores the role of mental health consultation in supporting children...
- Mental health strategy needs national buy-in. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/12/2012, Vol. 184 Issue 9, pE469
The article discusses the mental health strategy proposed by Canadian government that will require a nationwide campaign on educating people about the policy to ensure acceptance among all segments of society. The policy focuses on topics such as how to improve the mental health system and...