Canada's electronic health records initiative stalled by federal funding freeze
- TECH TIPS. // Managing People at Work;Jun2010, Issue 339, p2
The article offers technological tips such as using online tools to track health condition and writing electronic documents.
- Stage 2 MU Attestations Rise But Hospitals Struggle. Slabodkin, Greg // Healthdatamanagement.com;8/ 7/2014, p4
The article reports the sharp rise in the number of hospitals and eligible professionals that have attested the meaningful use (MU) of Stage 2 of the electronic health records program but data indicate that hospitals continue to struggle with the process.
- Extra payments designed to get more doctors using EHRs. // Medicine on the Net;Feb2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses that private companies offer incentives to help doctors finance their electronic health record (EHR) systems including UnitedHealth which will offer interest-free loans for small doctor practices that used Ingenix Care Tracker, a web-based medical record system.
- ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS: The naked truth. Bewley, Susan; Fawdry, Rupert; Cummings, Grant; Perry, Helga // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;10/16/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7777, p794
A letter to the editor is presented about the implementation of electronic health records.
- Can Providers Charge Patients for EHR View/Download/Transmit? Goedert, Joseph // Healthdatamanagement.com;11/5/2013, p1
The article presents questions and answers related to Certified Electronic Health Records (EHR) Technology including one on the charges to electronic health records access, one on security for EHR Incentive Programs, and one on the objectives of Medicare and Medicaid EHR.
- computerized physician or provider order entry. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p503
An encyclopedia entry for "computerized physician or provider order entry," which refers to any system which allows registered health care providers to request drugs, laboratory studies or radiological tests by entering such requests in an electronic healthcare record, is presented.
- Meaningful Use, stage 2: Ready or not, here it comes. BENDIX, JEFFREY // Medical Economics;10/25/2013, Vol. 90 Issue 20, p60
The article discusses developments in the electronic health record (EHR) industry in the U.S. as of late October 2013. It examines how physicians and EHR vendors are preparing to comply with the requirements of the second phase of the meaningful use (MU2) incentive program for the EHR. The...
- STRATEGIES FOR PICKING THE BEST EHR SYSTEM FOR YOUR PRACTICE. LEVY, GAIL; MOGHADAS, KATHRYN // Medical Economics;10/25/2013, Vol. 90 Issue 20, p70
The article offers tips on how to assess one's options and choose the best electronic health record (EHR) systems that are best suited for a medical practice. It cites several factors that should be considered when identifying practice requirements, including patient health information...
- Beyond the EMR tipping point. Cunningham, William // British Columbia Medical Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p410
The article discusses the advantages brought by technological innovation in electronic medical records (EMR). The ability to gather information and improve communication is among the greatest benefit received by the healthcare sector from the technological revolution. The author says physicians...