Better national data collection urged
- Palomar Health App Connects Physicians to EHR. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);Feb2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p32
The article offers brief information on the Extension Engage Mobile, smartphone application from Palomar Health.
- Data breakdown. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;10/15/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p20
The article reports that a plan aimed at fostering interconnected health information exchanges (HIE) across Michigan was not implemented due to competition among companies providing the services for hospitals, physicians and market share. The exchanges are intended to help make it easier for...
- Referral management pays -- in more patients and a better bottom line. Popple, Andy // MGMA Connexion;Aug2011, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p25
The article focuses on the management of patient's information as a referral source in medical practice. It states that the collection of accurate referral information is associated to the financial success of medical practice and staff. It says that it is important to include the communication...
- Biomedical. // Online;May/Jun2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
This section offers news briefs related to biomedical publishing as of May 2012 including Faculty of 1000 Ltd.'s launch of an application that allows researchers to explore biological and medical contents in Elsevier BV's SciVerse platform and an agreement between Isabel Healthcare and EBSCO...
- State Dashboard Tracks EHR Incentive Payments. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);6/18/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p32
The article discusses the latest offerings provided by the health information technology (HIT) dashboard that has been developed for providing information on HIT initiatives in the United States. The dashboard now tracks additional things and provides information on factors like beacon...
- MRO Announces Status as Direct Project HISP. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);2/25/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p30
The article reports MRO Corp, a provider of technology-driven disclosure management services for healthcare organizations, has become a Health Information Service Provider (HISP), enabling the company to offer provider-branded Direct Project domain mailboxes, email addresses to healthcare providers.
- New Tool Reviews CDA Templates. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);10/22/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p29
The article announces the launch of Trifolia Workbench, HL7 Web Edition, a new tool by Health Level Seven International (HL7), helping developers and implementers localize, publish and review Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) templates.
- Patient-friendly apps needed. Kao, Cristine // Modern Healthcare;8/20/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p23
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Power to the Patients" in the August 10, 2012 issue.
- Looking to the great white north: How Canada became a global leader in population health management. Free, Jason // Health Management Technology;Oct2014, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p18
An interview with Gary Folker, senior vice president of Orion Health Canada, is presented. Folker discusses his role within Orion Health and his experience in the healthcare industry, a brief history of Alberta Health's work with Orion Health, and Orion Health's vision of the future of Netcare...