Connecting health and environmental issues online
- Internet resources. // TIDEE (TERI Information Digest on Energy & Environment);Mar2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p153
The Internet sources cited within this issue are presented including the websites of the Alliance for Environmental Technology, the Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicles Data Center and Carbonflow.
- Bibliography. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Ecuador Country Review;2013, p245
The sources cited within this issue are presented including Altapedia located at http://www.atlapedia.com/online/country_index.htm, World Climate Data Online located at www.worldclimate.com, and "World Directory of Country Environmental Studies."
- The Flood Advisory Service. Crookes, David; Irvine, Robert // Web User;11/4/2015, Issue 383, p16
The article reviews the website Flood Advisory Service, located at www.floodadvisoryservice.co.uk, that provides details independent advice about how to deal with floods.
- CHAPTER 5: SITES FOR RESEARCH ON AFRICAN ENVIRONMENT ISSUES. // Signposts on the Superhighway: African Environment;1998, p59
The article reviews several web cites including www.indigo-net.com/ai/us/fenetre-us/hp-ang.htm, www.africa2000.com and www.safari.co.za, which provide information on the African environment.
- Comparing Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar from an Environmental Sciences perspective. Adriaanse, Leslie S.; Rensleigh, Chris // South African Journal of Libraries & Information Science;2011, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p169
This paper presents a macro- and micro-level comparison of the citation resources Web of Science (WOS), Scopus and Google Scholar (GS) for the environmental sciences scholarly journals in South Africa during 2004-2008. The macro-level measuring instruments consisted of 26 evaluation criteria...
- Form and Structure of Newsgroups Giving Social Support: A Network Approach. Muncer, Steven; Loader, Brian; Burrows, Roger; Pleace, Nicholas; Nettleton, Sarah // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Dec2000, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p1017
Previous research has confirmed that newsgroups offer different forms of social support for their "members". One major distinction which emerged was that between newsgroups that offer more informational support and those that offer a mix of informational and other aspects of social support. In...
- COMPETITION. // Community Care;3/11/2010, Issue 1809, p54
The article presents a contest by the journal in which readers have to answer a question on CareSpace, the journal's online discussion forum.
- A Guide to Discussing 'Ill-Structured Problems' Online. // Online Classroom;Feb2004, p2
Provides tips for students in participating in threaded discussions in online instruction in the U. S. as of February 2004. Effectiveness of an open-ended, ill-structured problem for a discussion prompt; Warning about feedback by Barbara Monroe, assistant professor of English at Washington...
- Internet Connections. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, pGWD7
A summary of an online discussion from the WeldingWeb Internet Forum, found at http://weldingweb.com, is presented which addresses the best equipment for a new welder.