Medical services at the Olympics: a monumental challenge
- Winter Olympics Sportsmanship. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Feb2010, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p1
The article announces that the 2010 Winter Olympic Games will be held on February 12 to 28 in Vancouver, British Columbia and it also provides information on how athletes from various countries will compete as well as quiz on the gold medals won by Germany and the U.S. in 2006 Winter Olympic Games.
- Who in the World? Benet, Lorenzo; Meadows, Bob; Tan, Michelle; Wang, Cynthia // People;2/15/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p110
The article presents photographs of five Olympic athletes competing in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, which includes South Korean figure skater Kim Yu-Na, Canadian hockey player Sidney Crosby, and German biathlete Andrea Henkel.
- TEAM USA SOUNDTRACK. // People;3/8/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p43
The article reports on songs available through iTunes online music store, in collaboration with AT&T communications company, including tracks by Sugarland, Gloriana, and Mariah Carey, that will benefit the Team USA Olympic athletes.
- Taking medicine to the mountains. Milne, Chris // New Zealand Doctor;4/21/2010, p24
The author details his experience of attending the 2010 Olympic Winter Games as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Games Group. He notes that his role in the games was chair of the Oceania National Olympic Committee's Medical Commission. He enumerates the functions of the IOC...
- A Sustainable Approach in Vancouver. Winchell, Dick G. // Planning;Feb2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the Southeast False Creek Olympic Village, a sustainable urban development that houses 2,800 Olympic athletes in Vancouver, British Columbia. It intend to change into a model community and urban center with commercial supports, office, and community facilities. Also,...
- PLAYING SPOILER. Farber, Michael // Sports Illustrated;2/22/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p40
The article focuses on U.S. Olympic skier Hannah Kearney. Kearney won the gold medal in the women's moguls competition at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia. Her rigorous training methods after a series of injuries in 2007-2008 is described. Kearney states that she has...
- THE GREAT UNKNOWN. Farber, Michael // Sports Illustrated;2/22/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p48
The article focuses on hockey player Zach Parise, a member of the U.S. Olympic hockey team at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia. Parise is also a member of the New Jersey Devils in the National Hockey League (NHL), and although he is considered one of the team's best...
- Olympic decision in men' singles "David and Goliath.". Harder, Wolfgang // FIL Magazine/FIL Magazin;May2010, Vol. 1, p6
The article reports on the result of the luge men's singles at the 2010 Winter Olympics held in Vancouver, British Columbia in February 2010. German Felix Loch was considered as the youngest luge world champion with a very huge lead of all Olympic decisions in the luge men's singles. A report on...
- "Austria is a Luge Nation" Linger/Linger repeat victory of Torino. Harder, Wolfgang // FIL Magazine/FIL Magazin;May2010, Vol. 1, p10
The article acknowledges the success of the Austrian Luge Federation at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia. Although the country's Alpine skiers ended up with no medal, Austrian luge competitors made their contribution with Andreas Linger and Wolfgang Linger garnering...