A cluster randomized controlled Trial to Evaluate an Ambulatory primary care Management program for patients with dyslipidemia: the TEAM study
- A new Pharmacy Today for a new year. Posey, L. Michael // Pharmacy Today;Jan2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on the January 2009 issue of "Pharmacy Today." The Health-System Edition (HSE) of the publication offers unique and specialized medication therapy management (MTM) information to pharmacists practicing in hospitals and health systems, ambulatory care clinics, and...
- Current trends in outpatient pharmacy services and billing. Beatty, Stuart J.; McCormick, Kelly M.; Beale, David J.; Bruggeman, Athena M.; Rodis, Jennifer L.; Mehta, Bella H.; Bennett, Marialice S. // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p154
Objectives: To provide a summary of community and ambulatory pharmacy practices and billing patterns for medication therapy management (MTM) services and to identify reasons pharmacists report not billing for direct patient care services, Design: Cross-sectional study. Setting: United States,...
- Clinical Therapeutics Primer: Link to the Evidence for the Ambulatory Care Pharmacist. Barros, Michael // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/1/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p458
The article reviews the book "Clinical Therapeutics Primer: Link to the Evidence for the Ambulatory Care Pharmacist," by Jennifer A. Reinhold and Grace Earl.
- Lack of agreement between office and ambulatory blood pressure responses to hydrochlorothiazide. Finkielman, Javier Daniel; Schwartz, Gary L.; Chapman, Arlene B.; Boerwinkle, Eric; Turner, Stephen T. // American Journal of Hypertension;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p398
Background: Differences between the antihypertensive responses to drug therapy measured by office blood pressure (OBP) and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) techniques have been noted but rarely analyzed. We studied whether the OBP and 24-h ABPM responses to hydrochlorothiazide differ...
- Medicare limits on therapy services. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 47, p31
Reports on the limitation of medicare on the medical coverage for outpatient physical therapy, speech-language pathology, and occupational therapy in the U.S. Expansion of the limits for 2004; Specifications of the limit; Application of the limit.
- Working toward reduced overuse of antibiotics in the outpatient setting. Kestenbaum, Lori // Infectious Diseases in Children;Jul2014, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p13
Blog post from Healio.com/Pediatrics/Blogs regarding antibiotics overuse in outpatient medical care is presented.
- Updated ACG Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment of GERD. Smith, Liz // American Family Physician;6/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p2376
Provides information on several diagnostic tools and treatment options for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Empiric therapy; Endoscopy; Ambulatory reflux monitoring; Patient-directed therapy.
- 'Postdischarge pharmacist medication reconciliation: Impact on readmission rates and financial savings. Kilcup, Meg; Schultz, Diane; Carlson, Jim; Wilson, Bruce // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p78
Objective: To assess the impact of ambulatory clinical pharmacist medication therapy assessment and reconciliation for patients postdischarge in terms of hospital readmission rates, financial savings, and medication discrepancies. Setting: Group Health Cooperative (Group Health) in Washington...
- Impact of pharmacist integration in apediatric primary care clinic on vaccination errors : A retrospective review. Haas-Gehres, Anna; Sebastian, Sonya; Lamberjack, Kristen // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p415
Objective: To measure the impact of ambulatory clinical pharmacist integration in a pediatric primary care clinic on vaccination error rates and to evaluate missed opportunities. Methods: A retrospective, quasi-experimental review of electronic medical records of visit encounters during a...