- Cable's Silver Lining Among the 'Drip, Drip, Drip' of Pay TV Declines. szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;12/25/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 43, p24
The article examine the growth in the pay television customers in 2015 in the U.S. It mentions the views of chief executive officers of two pay television services provider Time Warner Cable's Rob Marcus and Charter Communication's Tom Rutledge on the issue. It also reports the subscriber losses...
- Time Warner Cable, Charter are stuck in a prisoner's dilemma. Laughlin, Lauren Silva // Fortune.com;1/17/2014, p1
The article focuses on the relationship and potential merger between cable telecommunications companies Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable (TWC). Topics include Charter's previous offers to combine with TWC, the state of each company as of January 2014, and the author's recommendation...
- Cable Holds the Cards, But D.C. Owns the House. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/29/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 28, p22
The article discusses the responsibility of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to control the activities in the cable industry in the U.S. It states that the industry has resorted to merger to scale up in a fragmenting distribution market. It also mentions that the odds of the FCC...
- The Charter/TW Cable "Rising Tide" Did Not Lift the Wall Street "Boats". // Media Industry Newsletter;6/1/2015, p3
The article discusses the financial implications for the cable television and media industry of the acquisition by Charter Communications of the Time Warner Cable company considering competition from video-on-demand services such as Netflix.
- The Broadband 50. // CED;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p12
The article reflects on the result of the survey conducted by the journal's Broadband 50 which includes data regarding technologies, trends and companies. Topics discussed include addition of new updates by cable industry Comcast to its Internet platform, 2014 deals of cable television firm...
- STAT OF THE WEEK. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/29/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the total investment in commercial broadband and returning of call center jobs to the U.S. that telecommunications company, Charter has committed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in its merger application with Time Warner Cable.
- WEATHERING A FIRESTORM. Neel, K.C. // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on fire-disaster aid provided by cable television providers Charter Communications, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable for victims of the forest fire in Southern California. The cable companies began replacing cables and fiber damaged by the fire to resume service to...
- TWC LOSES VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 129,000 video subscribers lost by Time Warner Cable in the fourth quarter of 2011, adding to a total loss of 453,000 video subscribers for the cable operator in 2011.
- TWC pumps $850,000 into new state-of-the-art hub in S.C. // CED;Aug2012, p8
The article reports on the innovative approach taken by cable operator Time Warner Cable Inc. to its hub in Summerville, South Carolina, which groups services together into pods.