MSG Starts Strong
- Greening garden. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;10/16/95, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p1
Examines the management style of Dave Checketts, president of Madison Square Garden. Cost-cutting programs designed to improve cash flow by focusing on its sports teams New York Knicks and Rangers; Increase of advertising rates and ticket prices, sale of assets and shifting into the production...
- Losing teams, lost playoffs don't derail MSG finances. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;05/10/99, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
States that the disappointing performances of New York sports teams will have little impact on the finances and profitability of the Madison Square Garden (MSG) in New York City. Estimated amount in losses incurred by MSG in 1998 due to poor performance of the state's sports teams; Capability...
- MSG Network explores agency relationship. // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/23/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p58
Reports on the questionnaires sent by the New York Advertising Agency Register on behalf of MSG Network to explore agency relationships.
- MSG's interim head goes for a slum dunk. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;10/10/94, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p17
Profiles Dave Checketts, interim president of Madison Square Garden. Education and work experience; How Checketts turned the debt-ridden Utah Jazz into a competitive and profitable team.
- N.Y.'s Madison Square Garden retrofitted with alternative CFCs. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/10/95, Vol. 195 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the retrofitting of refrigerated areas in New York City's Madison Square Garden (MSG) to use environment-friendly refrigerants. MSG's maintenance staff's efforts to evaluate alternative refrigerants to chlorofluorocarbons; Performance of retrofitted equipment.
- Shot. Ackerman, Michael // New York;11/04/96, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p20
Presents a photograph of the exterior of Madison Square Garden on October 22, 1996.
- Marketing chief aiming to green up the Garden. Salak, John // Crain's New York Business;12/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p40
Profiles Susan Denison, executive vice president for entertainment and marketing at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Approach to position; Pursuit of profit for Madison; Comments by Denison.
- Heels hope' to end rocky season with title. Fitzpatrick, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 78, p8
The article reports on the move of the Tar Heels basketball team to play Dayton in the title game at Madison Square Garden in New York City on April 1, 2010.
- Madison Square Garden re-branding Starts with new logo. // Brandweek;10/2/95, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p12
Reports that the new owners of Madison Square Garden will unveil a new logo in October 1995.
- Sting like a butterfly. Lukas, Paul; Condon, Richard // New York;5/27/96, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p17
Reports on the gathering of past and would-be heavyweight boxing champions at the Madison Square Garden in New York City for the boxing match entitled `Big.' Reaction by the crowd to the event; Sports personalities that got the most applause; Boxing matches featured in the event.