- Montreaux after Montreaux. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Jul99, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p6
Highlights the Montreux, a symposium on the international television broadcasting business held in June 1999, staged by Montreux Symposia Management. Contradictions on the event; Comments from George Waters, a columnist.
- The TV symposium Phoenix: World Television Forum. Walker // World Broadcast News;Oct99, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p12
Previews the 2000 World Television Forum which will discuss key issues involved in the global transition to digital broadcasting technology. Target attendance; Ownership and operation of the event by a nonprofit organization; Companies that have expressed their support for the forum; Structure...
- AFRICAN CONFAB TO TACKLE DIGITAL ISSUES. de Jager, Christelle // Variety;8/12/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 12, p19
Provides an overview of the Broadcast World Africa Conference to be held on September 30, 2002, which will focus on the application of digital technology to television broadcasting.
- Digital Television in Developing Countries? Reflections from the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association's Asia-Pacific Conference in Tonga. Starks, Michael // International Journal of Digital Television;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p113
Information on the topics discussed at the 2009 Asia-Pacific regional conference of the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association (CBA) is presented. Topics include the substitution of digital terrestrial television for analogue, the advantages that small country can gain through the economies of...
- Training school for early-stage researchers, Lisbon, Portugal. Evens, Tom // International Journal of Digital Television;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p249
Information on topics discussed at a three-day training school which aims to provide networking opportunities to young television (TV) researchers held in November 2009 in Lisbon, Portugal is presented. Topics include the evolving TV concept, the shift from mass communication model to networked...
- 35 Directors Fill 31 Slots In 2013 New Directors Showcase. // SHOOT;5/17/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p15
The article focuses on the 11th Annaul New Directors Showcase 2013 on May 23 at the DGA Theatre in New York.
- Investigating the 'new normal'. // Multimedia Information & Technology;Aug2016, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p6
The article offers information on the PromaxBDA UK "The New Normal" Conference 2016 to be held on November 3, 2016 at the East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, England.
- Consolidated Colorado Confab. Atkinson, Claire // Broadcasting & Cable;11/2/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 41, p19
Information about the Cable Connection-Fall consolidated conferences of the Cable and Telecommunication Association for Marketing (CTAM) in Denver, Colorado on October 25-28, 2009 is presented. The event highlights the opinion of the television executives on the initiative of the industry's...
- For Infrastructures, It's Time to Talk Revolution. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/1/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 32, p26
The article discusses the shift in technology to a more information technology (IT) based environment at a time when value is also changing. Topics discussed include the struggle of companies to bring together products from multiple vendors to expand their content creation at hefty costs and the...