Syfy Dials Docu Realities
- Behind the reality. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p1
Reports on VH1 cable television network's plans to launch reality television shows in early 2001. Ratings of shows in the genre; Titles of pilot programs being shot by the network; VH1's ratings for the third quarter of 2000.
- CABLE GREENLIGHT ON. Marechal, AJ // Daily Variety;9/11/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 50, p4
The article reports that several cable television networks ordered a slew of unscripted skeins, picking up new series and renewing others.
- High-Riding Lifetime Plans New Diginet. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p24
Reports on Lifetime Television's plans regarding the summer 2001 launch of Lifetime Real Women, a reality-oriented cable television network. Combination of new and returning original series, such as 'Intimate Portraits' and 'Unsolved Mysteries'; Channel's search for analog and digital distribution.
- USA turning 'Mystery' into reality. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;7/11/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 27, p1
Reports the production of the reality series 'Mystery Mansion' by USA Network. Storyline of the series; List of other reality series under production; Details on 'Combat Mission'.
- RDF SHOWS GO TO CHELLO. BARRACLOUGH, LEO // Daily Variety;8/20/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 34, p7
The article reports on the selection of a range of television programs from RDF Rights for Cabler Chello Zone's Zone Reality channel.
- A1 throws challenge to AXN with programming overhaul. Hille, Alfred // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/8/2003, p13
The article presents information on re-branding of the channel Adventure One as A1 to meet the challenge offered by rival channels like AXN and National Geographic. A1 is devoting its programming line-up to reality adventure shows to underline its difference from its older and more established...
- USA goes for 'Jones' skein. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;0316/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 13, p6
Reports the production of reality crime-solving show 'Aphrodite Jones' by USA Networks in Los Angeles, California. Information on program director and producer; Commitment to broadcast the show as an hourlong primetime summer special; Plan for a regular franchise of the program.
- Lifetime Spins Off Reality. Mitchell, Kim // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p76
Reports the launching of Lifetime Real Women, a genre-based spinoff network of Lifetime Television in the United States. Programs aired by Lifetime Real Women; Schedule for the opening of the network; Strategic plans of the management of Lifetime.
- TV Takes Reality on Flights of Fancy. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;05/14/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p30
Announces the availability of the Crime Channel cable television network and its Web site which will feature crime stories in the United States. Reality television programs which will be featured in the Crime Channel; Features of the Crime Channel Web site.