Ralph Roberts Going Strong at 90
- The (Bow) Ties That Bind. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;7/20/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p30
An obituary is presented of Ralph Roberts, co-founder of mass media company Comcast.
- Family Man. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p4C
The article profiles Ralph J. Roberts, founder of the U.S.-based cable television company Comcast Corp., in 2003. A keen sense of marketing helped Roberts succeed at business. During much of April and May last year, Roberts hoarded a plane several mornings each week and flew to one of the many...
- Comcast. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/22/2015, pA02
The article announces that Ralph Roberts, the founder of American mass media firm Comcast Corp., has died on June 18, 2015 at 95-years-old due to natural causes.
- SAY WHAT? // Multichannel News;6/29/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p46
No abstract available.
- Through the Wire. Farrell, Mike; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p4
The article offers entertainment news briefs. Facebook Inc. was a topic of discussion in the Bloomberg BusinessWeek Media Summit in New York. Ralph Roberts, founder and chairman emeritus of Comcast Corp. turned 90 years old. A jackpot of 41,000 dollars from the Bingo Blitz of GSN was won by...
- From Tupelo to 30 Rock. NEEL, K. C. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p19
The article discusses the 50th anniversary of the media communications company Comcast Corp. It reflects on the growth of the company with emphasis on the business strategies of its founder Ralph Roberts in making the company a leader in the broadcasting industry, its stock market performance...
- THE EARLY DAYS: THE 1960s. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p22
The article discusses the incidence which made Ralph Roberts, founder of Comcast Corp., to buy the company American Cable Systems from its owner Dan Aaron and the joining of accountant Julian Brodsky to form a company later renamed and incorporated as Comcast in 1969.
- In the Spotlight. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p3C
Ralph Roberts, founder of the U.S.-based cable television company Comcast is to receive television's highest honor the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Trustees Award, in 2003. The Trustees Award, will be presented to Roberts at a dinner reception in Washington D.C. on June 5,...
- Robert Says Stay Faithful. // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p128
Despite lean in the U.S. cable industry broadcasting company Comcast Corp. chairman Ralph Roberts pledged to continue spending heavilyâ€”including $4 billion on upgrades in 2003 â€” banking that Comcast will reap the benefits in the end. Several hundred industry executives gathered for...