ASHP national survey of pharmacy practice in hospital settings: Monitoring and patient education--2009
- Director's Forum - Developing Patient-Centered Services, Part 2: Building a Hybrid Pharmacy Practice Model. Jenkins, Matthew; Mark, Scott M.; Saenz, Rafael; Maslonek, Kimberly; Zagacki, Adam // Hospital Pharmacy;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p139
The article discusses the pharmacy practice models (PPM), which can be implemented, developed, and evaluated. It defines that a PPM is a manner in which a pharmacy department's human resources are distributed to ensure optimal outcomes in patients and improvements in the medication-use process....
- Establishing emergency department clinical pharmacy services. Hughes, Darrel W.; Roth, Jennifer M.; Laurel, Yolanda // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p1053
The article discusses the issue on the low percentage of pharmacy services established in the emergency department (ED) of hospitals in the U.S. Reportedly, only 3.5% of hospitals are having ED pharmacists despite of American Society of Health-System Pharmacists' mandatory of the services to...
- Leading the tribe strategically toward safer medication use. Posey, L. Michael // Pharmacy Today;Aug2010, Vol. 16 Issue 8, Special section p7
Information about the topics discussed at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Summer Meeting & Exhibition on June 6-9, 2010 in Tampa, Florida is presented. Topics include medication safety leadership, challenges on the National Quality Forum (NQF) 18, and medication errors....
- Better handling processes can help reduce risk of drug diversion. DeBenedette, Valerie // Drug Topics;Feb2012, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p38
The article offers information on how the risk of drug diversion can be reduced in the U.S. It defines the term drug diversion as a serious problem in healthcare systems. It informs that ways to prevent diversion from pharmacy are discussed at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists...
- Future of pharmacy provisions in health care reform not clear, ASHP staff says. Thompson, Cheryl A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p416
The article reports on the statement of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) on the uncertainty of the pharmacy provisions in the health care reform. The White House proposes to comprehensively reform the health care, but the summary does not mention pharmacist-provided...
- ASHP Statement on Standards-Based Pharmacy Practice in Hospitals and Health Systems. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/15/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p409
The article presents the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) statement on Standards-Based Pharmacy Practice in Hospitals and Health Systems in the U.S. It mentions that the purpose of the statement is to promote the comprehension of how ASHP best practices should be used by...
- Correction. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p1109
A correction to an article in the April 15, 2008 issue about the 2008 summer meeting and exhibition of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is presented.
- ASHP 2010 Official Board and Section Elections. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 14, p1133
The article offers information about the 2010 Official Election ballot for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists' (ASHP) president and members of its Board of Directors.
- Acknowledgments. // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2009/2010, preceding p4
People and organizations that the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists would like to thank for drafting and reviewing the 2008-2009 edition of "Best Practices for Hospital & Health System Pharmacy: Position & Guidance Documents of ASHP."