Improved glucose control associated with i.v. chromium administration in two patients receiving enteral nutrition
- Subconjunctival Hemorrhage and Diabetes: A Lesson Learned. Peabody, Todd; Steger, Taylor; Lepage, Matt // Optometric Education;Fall2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p53
Every year in the United States more adults become legally blind due to diabetes than due to any other disease. This teaching case report reviews the etiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, management and treatment options of diabetic retinopathy. This case specifically highlights the...
- Recombinant human growth hormone in treatment of diabetes: report of three cases and review of relative literature. Dandan Wang; Ziyang Zhu; Naicheng Zhao // International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Medicine;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8243
To explore the clinical profile and laboratory changes in three patients with diabetes mellitus treated with recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH). Results showed that the patient in the first case was diagnosed as T1DM according to the classical course of disease, weight loss, polyuria,...
- Case study: A 49-year-old man with acute myocardial injury and hyperglycemia: Diagnosis and... Levetan, Claresa // Clinical Diabetes;1998, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on diabetes highlighting a case study of a 49 year old African American who was admitted to the hospital with chest pains. Information on his medical history; Information on his weight and height; Indepth look at what his electrocardiogram showed; Details on his family's medical...
- Case study: A 39-year-old woman with type 1 diabetes, hypothyroidism, recurrent hypoglycemia... Herman, William // Clinical Diabetes;1998, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p54
Presents information on diabetes highlighting a case study of a 39 year old woman with type one diabetes for a history of 27 years. Detailed information on her type of diabetes; Details on a thyroid condition which the patient has; Indepth look at what an evaluation of the patient showed;...
- Case study: A 32-year-old man taught by the Internet. Lewis, Ginny // Clinical Diabetes;1998, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p55
Presents information on diabetes highlighting a case study of a 32 year old man with type one diabetes focusing on his seeking of information on the condition through the Internet. Details on the patient's diagnosis; What he did based on information on the Internet; Information on his meal...
- Case Study: A 44-Year-Old Woman With Type 1 Diabetes and a Recent History of Diabetes.... Thomas-Dobersen, Deborah; Ryan-Turek, Terri // Clinical Diabetes;Fall2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p178
Presents a case study on a woman with type I diabetes in the United States. Medical history of the patient; Evaluation of eating habits; Diagnosis of diabetic gastroparesis.
- Prednisolone. // Reactions Weekly;1/22/2011, Issue 1335, p38
The article describes the case of an 82-year-old woman who developed diabetes mellitus while receiving prednisolone for Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Insulin/insulin suspension isophane. // Reactions Weekly;4/7/2012, Issue 1396, p26
The article describes the case of a 55-year-old man, with a history of type 1 diabetes mellitus, who developed insulin-induced lipohypertrophy.
- The mineral chromium can make you shine. Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;9/16/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 38, p28
The author discusses the health benefits of chromium including absorption, transportation, and metabolism of glucose.