- Pittman promoted to PHS’s top pharmacy spot. Young, Donna // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/1/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p606
The article announces the promotion of Rear Admiral Robert E. Pittman to chief pharmacist officer for the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) Commissioned Corps. Pittman was a principal pharmacy consultant for the Indian Health Service (IHS). He was also promoted to the flag officer position of...
- On the record. // AHA News;5/1/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p2
Presents news items regarding health care in the United States as of April 19, 1995. Public meeting of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Clinical Laboratory Improvement Advisory Committee on May 10; Meeting of the National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics Subcommittee on...
- Wellpoint looks beyond its borders. // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
Reports on developments related to the American health care industry. Includes affiliation agreement between hospitals; Opening of psychiatric unit in Martha Jefferson Hospital; Expansion of Health Systems International.
- Competition stiffens as markets tighten. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;11/04/96, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p1
Highlights the findings of the National Committee for Quality Health Care report entitled `Six Competitive Health Care Markets: Putting the Pieces Together.' Impact of competitions sparked by employer and consumer demands for more choice and lower costs on health care; Continuation of...
- Trustees get an earful. Reiter, Jim // AHA News;12/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p2
Presents the American Hospital Association (AHA) Committee on Governance members' observations on communities' concerns about health care. Access to health; Cost of coverage; User-unfriendly health bureaucracy; Need for hospitals to address health care concerns; Reaction to hospitals'...
- Wait reduction. Murray, Kevin // AHA News;12/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p5
Focuses on the results of the Boston, Massachusetts-based Institute for Healthcare Improvement's 1995-96 collaborative program designed to reduce delays and waiting times commonly found throughout health care systems. Collaborative members' participation in learning sessions; Hospital delays...
- Poll: Consumers lack confidence in health care. // AHA News;1/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p3
Reports that consumers fear that the health care system is putting profits ahead of people according to a survey conducted by the national Coalition on Health Care last December 18-22, 1996.
- Health care leaders in two states hopeful after change of governors. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;09/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the expectations of officials in the medical care industry for the incoming governors in Arizona and Massachusetts. Contributions of Arizona governor Jane Dee Hull to the federal government's state-based expansion of children's health insurance; Reputation of Massachusetts acting...
- Linkages. J.A. // AHA News;10/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p4
Presents news updates on the health care industry in the United States as of October 27, 1997. Decision of Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. to pull out of plans to acquire Neponset Valley Health System; Joint venture formed by Universal Health Services Inc. with Quorum Health Group Inc.