- AJHP broadens practice management expertise. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/1/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p13
The article announces that Philip E. Johnson, founding director of pharmacy at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida, was appointed contributing editor of the "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy" publication.
- Hospital pharmacies need pharmacy-specific numbers to improve metrics. // Drug Formulary Review;Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p136
The article reports on the new plans of hospital pharmacies in the U.S. aiming to improve metrics. It cites the medication therapies, which have been considered more expensive and complicated along with higher patient acuity levels. According to Philip E. Johnson, director of pharmacy at H. Lee...
- QUODLIBET. KUSHINER, JAMES M.; HUTCHEN, S. M.; LEITHART, PETER J.; HUTCHENS, S. M. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on various topics related to Christianity and career development of senior staff of the periodical as discussed by the editors of the periodical. Senior editor James M. Kushiner discusses the Leading Edge column of the periodical by editor Phillip E. Johnson and senior editor...
- Improving board effectiveness by evaluating director performance. Thain, Donald H.; Leighton, David S.R. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the application of the time-tested, basic elements of control on board of directors. Question about the power and effectiveness of boards of directors as the key element in corporate governance; Six possible remedies to improve boards; Improvement of boards through evaluation; Role...
- It's time for a new breed of director. Tapp, Lawrence G. // Business Quarterly;Spring96, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the role of directors of corporations in crafting the mission, vision and strategic positioning of the organization. Compensation of directors; Investigation of corporate governance.
- Making sense of due diligence. Rovet, Ernest // CA Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p55
Analyzes the role of directors in meeting their corporate and public responsibilities concerning the environment. Traditional management-information-systems concepts; Environmental audit and environmental management system as foundations of due diligence; Assurance of communication between...
- Executive leadership in Northeast Ohio. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/12/94, Vol. 15 Issue 50, following p8
Reports on the activist trend in Northeast Ohio's corporate boards. Increase in the level of involvement of board members in 1994; Board's reflection of society's diversity in terms of race and gender; Quality of life and low cost of living in Northeast Ohio as attraction for god senior-level...
- Outside director can be valuable foil to owner. Danco, Leon // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/11/94, Vol. 15 Issue 15, Crain's Small Business pS-3
Presents guidelines for choosing outside directors for family-owned company. Functions and traits of an outside director; Outside director's contrast from paid advisers.
- A 12-step program aimed at corporate boardaholics. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
Highlights the possibility of a program `Betty Ford Clinic for Boardaholics.' Aims of the program; Reference to executives sitting on too many board; Steps that should be considered.