FDA approves new quadrivalent meningococcal vaccine
- Afinitor Targets a Form Of Pancreatic Cancer. // Chain Drug Review;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p42
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.'s Afinitor drugs which can used for the treatment of progressive neuroendocrine tumors (NET) in East Hanover, New Jersey.
- PRODUCT UPDATE. Mitchell, Sandra A. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Oct2001, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p1477
Presents news updates on various products related to the care of cancer patients in the U.S., as of October 2001. U.S. Food and Drug Administration drug approval for Zometa of Novartis Pharmaceuticals; Details of the drug Gleevec for the treatment of leukemia; Surface Safe from SuperGen for the...
- FDA Expands Indication for Excelon Patch From Novartis. // Chain Drug Review;8/5/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p54
The article offers news briefs related to the health care industry including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of a high-dose skin patch Exelon from Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp., the availability of Qsymia capsules CIV and the approval of the Zubsolv tablets by the FDA.
- Great Expectations in the Pipeline. P., Shankar // njbiz;12/10/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p1
The article focuses on upcoming drug products from NexMed, a pharmaceutical firm in East Windsor, New Jersey. The topically applied drug, known internally as NexMed's E.D. product, for erectile dysfunction, targets men who, for reasons that include side effects, cannot use any of the top three...
- OAB drug receives approvable letter. // Urology Times;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p39
Reports on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's approval of the drug darifenacin hydrobromide developed by pharmaceuticals firm Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- EntreMed: testing Panzem potential in ovarian cancer. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;Dec2006, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p7
The author reflects on the obstacles that Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.'s tumor and blood disorder drug Gleevec is facing in the U.S. According to the author, the drug is unlikely to have a significant achievement concerning its sales despite its approval by the Food and Drug Administration. He...
- Recently Approved. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p14
The article offers news briefs related to drug approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.'s Reclast injection has been approved to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis. Janssen LP's Risperdal drug for treating schizophrenia in adolescents has been...
- Oral Drug for Iron Overload. // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a new drug for treating chronic iron overload called Exjade, which is manufactured by Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp., on November 2005. It describes previous treatment for iron overload and discusses the outcome of clinical...
- Pipeline. // Medical Marketing & Media;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p12
The article offers information on several drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These include Tekturna HCT from Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. as a single tablet combination of two high blood pressure medicines designed to work together to lower blood pressure. Also include is...