One million tiny plays about work
- Yardstick. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;6/18/2002, p46
Presents several graphical data related to personnel management in Great Britain. Inflation; Average advertised salaries of assistant human resource manager; Pay deals.
- Top jobâ€¦ Andrew Powles. Powles, Andrew // Personnel Today;2/19/2008, p32
An interview with Andrew Powles, assistant director at Identity and Passport Service, is presented. Powles reveals that he is primarily responsible for employee relation strategies which are aimed to maximize employee management engagement and performance. He likewise admits having challenges in...
- Is there such a thing as women's humor? Caliskan, Sevda // American Studies International;Oct95, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p49
Discusses the categorical incompatibility of women and humor. Tendency to regard literary humor as a distinctly male province; Superiority theory outlined by Thomas Hobbes and Henri Bergson; Theory of incongruity advanced by Immanuel Kant and elaborated by Arthur Schopenhauer; Groucho Marx;...
- Things you'd love to hear but won't. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p130
Presents humorous quotes that you would love to hear from different people but probably won't. From the bank; From a state trooper; From your mother; From a department store; From health-club trainer/expert; From workout partners at the gym; From your hairdresser; From your married lover; From...
- A serious attempt to be a funny lady. Panerio, Carol // Christian Science Monitor;12/17/97, Vol. 90 Issue 16, p17
Relates the author's attempts to bring humor into her life. The serious way her father's family looked at life; How the author failed at trying to be funny; The various things she tried; How her family viewed her attempts.
- Humor gets the last laugh. Holmstrom, David // Christian Science Monitor;5/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 112, p1
Reports on the growing popularity of humor and comedy in the United States, as Americans react to the frustrations of demanding and stressful daily lives. Thousands of jokes which are flowing back and forth on the Internet; Use of `humor carts' by hospitals to trigger healing laughter in patients.
- Strange world. Strange, Wil B. // Campus Life;Mar1996, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p38
Presents humorous facts and stories about the Earth. Includes the making of a giant ball of twine in Darwin Minnesota; Henry Cope of Brighton, England's passion for green color; Nutritional value of junk food.
- Strange world. Strange, WIl B. // Campus Life;Jan1997, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p70
Presents several jokes. There's a fly in my Coupe!; Chilly dips; Real ham burglar.
- Nevada's image through comedians' eyes. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;03/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p5
Comments on the city of Las Vegas, Nevada as a source of material for nightclub comedy routines and sitcoms in the United States. Includes Mort Sahl as the best comic commentator on Nevada; Similar jokes involving the city of Reno; Members of the Rat Pack, who often performed in Nevada, as the...