PUSHING THE ENVELOPE
- Pitney Bowes shares responsibility for quality with workers. // Management Review;Sep81, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the Pitney Bowes' Operator Control program to help lower the percentage of rejected parts and time-consuming re-manufacturing while enhancing the jobs of employees. Basic tenet of the program according to Eugene Drape, director of product reliability; Giving more responsibility for...
- Pitney Bowes shuffles workers. Saule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/31/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 52, p4
The article focuses on the move of Stamford-based company Pitney Bowes Inc. to relocate its 120 employees into the Shelton building in the U.S. Such move comes from the plan of the company to cut 1,500 jobs worldwide as it sets deals with order delays for mail systems following a postal-reform...
- Attributes of Diversity & Inclusion. Sweeney, Paul // Financial Executive;Nov2009, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p18
The article discusses diversity in the workplace. Both Pitney Bowes Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. have been lauded for their inclusive employment practices. Pacific Gas and Electric Co. sponsors employees' associations for blacks, Asians, Hispanics, and others. A Harvard Business School...
- Health and Safety. // HR Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p211
The article presents news briefs related to personnel management. Leade Health Inc. has released a new white paper, The Business Case for Weight/Obesity Management Using Health Coaching Interventions. CHD Meridian Healthcare and Pitney Bowes Inc. have joined to create a simple and easy-to-use...
- Delivering of Executive Potential. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Sep2008, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p52
The article features Johnna G. Torsone, executive vice president and chief human resources (HR) officer at Pitney Bowes in Stamford, Connecticut, and her executive development program. Chief executive officer (CEO) and president Murray Martin attributed the success of the firm to strong...
- Too much success can result in lazy, uncaring company. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;8/7/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p18
Opinion. Suggests that Pitney Bowes' success has made the company complacent. Rating of the company's postage meter products; Frequency of Pitney Bowes' phone number changes without notice; Attitude of the company's telephone attendant.
- Fax fix from afar. Mamis, Robert A. // Inc.;Sep92, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p50
Outlines how hardware distributor Lawson Products (Des Plaines, Ill.) keeps some 800 fax machines functioning. Use of NASA's remote diagnostics from Pitney-Bowes' National Diagnostics Center (Melbourne, Fla.); How the self-examination software program works; Increasingly office-machine...
- Event Snapshot. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 52, p17
A photograph of the American Red Cross volunteers and Pitney Bowes employees that worked on holiday cards for U.S. servicemen and women.
- Neither rain nor snow stops Pitney Bowes. // Money;Aug1994, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p38
Reports that certain mail stamping machines have enabled Pitney Bowes to post 13% compound annual earnings growth for a decade. Figures continue; Postal discounts to companies that preprocess their own mail; Pitney Bowes revenues; Comments by analyst William Gorman; Details.