LESSONS FROM THE HOT SEAT
- HR Leadership. // People Management;1/28/2010, p32
The article reviews the book " HR Leadership," by Linda Holbeche.
- Research topic: HR leadership skills. Hills, Jan // People Management;11/5/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p65
The article reports on the findings of a study that includes leaders in Human Resources (HR) from Europe, South Africa, the U.S., Australia, and Asia in the public and private sectors. The study shows that successful HR leaders had similarities in behavior, background and mindset. Commonalities...
- Upcoming. // HR Magazine;Mar2010, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p79
A calendar of events related to personnel management to be held in the U.S. in 2010 is presented including the HRMegics: Driving HR Success Through Analytics in Alexandria, Virginia from March 31 to April 1, Leadership Development for HR Professionals at the Center for Creative Leadership in...
- A New Consciousness Is Emerging. Rosen, Bob // People & Strategy;Summer2014, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p11
The article discusses an emerging new consciousness in the world with human resources leaders having unprecedented opportunity to support a more holistic leadership referred to as Grounded Leadership that improves the health and effectiveness of individuals and organizations.
- What Separates Great HR Leaders from the Rest. Zenger, Jack; Folkman, Joseph // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;8/17/2015, p2
The article discusses the strengths and weaknesses of human resource (HR) managers, and the four competencies that separate top leaders from other HR managers including the ability to establish stretch goals, the capability to solve problems and analyze issues, and having a strategic perspective.
- HR career issues?moving into a global role. // Personnel Today;4/21/2009, p7
The article presents expert views on how a human resource (HR) executive can move into a global role. It is stated that an executive should be willing to travel, and should be fluent in the language of the country where he will be working. Understanding the culture of the country is also...
- ACCOUNTABILITY OF ANY PERSONNEL MANAGER. Murthy, Narasihma // International Journals of Marketing & Technology;Feb2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the role and responsibilities of human resource (HR) managers, Noted functions of HR managers include leadership, administration, motivation and skill development of employees. Suggestions are also offered for HR Managers such as open-mindedness, proper employee selection...
- one step back, two steps forward. Moir, Stephen // Personnel Today;3/25/2008, p29
The article comments on the need for public sector Human Resource (HR) professionals to understand the challenges involved in the profession. According to the author, there are five key challenges which public sector HR needs to address. One of them is leadership. He thinks that shaping...
- OUR HR COLUMNIST. Butler, Mark // People Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p48
The author explores the capability of the human resource (HR) profession to sharpen its identity, grow its confidence and develop more leadership. He states that HR is prone to shapeshifting and is difficult to pin down. He claims that a manifold HR leaves the profession vulnerable to a life of...