Don't let go of values
- Managing Contracted Workers. Dean, Jennifer // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;May2001, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p22
Examines the management of temporary workers in the United States. Statistics on the number of contracted workers as of 2001; Benefits of temporary workers to employers; Factors to consider in temporary employee selection; Challenges in equitable work environment maintenance.
- Temporary workers: Implication on HRM practices and supervisors. Douglas, Caesar; Motwani, Jaideep // Supervision;Oct96, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p14
Discusses the implications of temporary workers on the role of the supervisor. Effects on recruitment and training; Growth of the temporary services industry as of 1994; Allocation training for temporary employees.
- EU temps directive is unworkable says HR. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p1
Presents several updated information for human resources personnel in Great Britain. Wages of the temporary and permanent workers; Consideration of the qualifications and skills; Availability of temporary workers. INSET: The details that HR has to know.
- Not made in heaven. Nye, David // Across the Board;Oct96, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p41
Discusses the conflict between internal employees and contingent employees. Sources of employee conflict; Importance of involvement by the human resources department; Ways on preventing line-staff conflict. INSET: When teaneck isn't Taos..
- How long can a fill-in last? Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;11/18/93, Vol. 47 Issue 18, p62
Discusses the tenure of a fill-in worker in his temporary task. Sample case; Actions to be taken when the fill-in worker decides to complain.
- HR will have to tighten up on agency workers. King, Jane // Personnel Today;5/6/2003, p2
Editorial. Comments on the need for British employers to re-evaluate its policies concerning agency workers. Legal status of agency workers; Background on the success of an agency worker in seeking relief from the courts for being dismissed illegally.
- Keeping temporaries motivated: Guidelines for making the most of your relationship with temporary... Messmer, Max // Business Credit;Sep94, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p19
Offers guidelines for making the most of one's relationship with temporary employees. Incentives; Selection; Work and learning opportunities; Orientation provisions; Feedback; Fixture.
- `She's just a temporary'. Blake, Kent // HR Magazine;Aug1998, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p45
Discusses principles that can guide employers in their relationships with temporary employees. Legal issues concerning the termination of temporary employees; Consequences of treating temporary employees as disposable parts of the organization; Ways to treat temporary employees like they are...
- LESS is more. Matthewman, Jim // Personnel Today;4/29/2003, p26
Describes strategies for streamlining the management of temporary staff in companies. Employment of temporary workers; Internal definitions of contingent workers; Lack of consistency in the way contingent workforce is managed; Implications for management and organization.