Fit Business scheme helps Unilever to tackle obesity
- Hunger busters next on the menu. Scott, Sue // Food Manufacture;May2006, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the development of food that help reduce the desire to eat more. More evidence is needed in the science behind appetite suppressants. The issue is whether functional ingredients can impact the problem of obesity worldwide. However, Unilever still developed the Hoodia...
- THE LAST BITE. // Prepared Foods;Jun2000, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p104
Reports on weight loss products and rice consumption in the United States. Actions taken by Unilever to compete in the weight loss market; Sales of weight loss products in 1999; Percentage of growth in rice consumption according to the USA Rice Federation.
- Unilever drops hoodia as slimming agent. // African Business;Feb2009, Issue 350, p9
The article reports that the development of a product that signalled quick weight loss for the world's obese, and big financial reward for some of the world's poorest people, has been abandoned by Unilever. In the terms of an agreement between the South African San Council and the Council for...
- Unilever Sells Slim-Fast Brand. // Nutraceuticals World;Sep2014, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on the acquisition of private equity firm Kainos Capital of the Slim-Fast brand of consumer goods company Unilever Group for an undisclosed amount.
- Investment Firm Buys Slim-Fast. // MMR;7/28/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the acquisition of the Slim-Fast brand by private equity firm Kainos Capital from conglomerate corporation Unilever Group.
- Slimfast unveils major revamp to build sales. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);5/29/2003, p3
Fast-moving consumer goods company Unilever PLC is embarking on a multi-million-pound overhaul of its Slimfast diet brand just weeks after the firm blamed poor sales for hindering its overall performance. The revamp comes as Slimfast is being put under pressure by the popularity of the...
- Slim-Fast future shaky as it faces challenges. Storm, Sheila // Inside Tucson Business;9/6/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the number of employees laid off by Slim-Fast Foods Co. in Tucson, Arizona. Specialization of the company in manufacturing weight loss and nutritional products; Aim of its move to streamline manufacturing operations for the whole business; Commitment of Slim-Fast and its parent...
- WHY IS SHE ON A DIET? Keith, Amy Elisa // People;7/2/2007, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p93
This article explains that diet company Slim-Fast contacted model Rachel Hunter to be their spokeswoman, because they felt that Hunter is representative of women who need only to shed five to twenty pounds, instead of a dramatic amount of weight. Hunter will drink Slimfast shakes for breakfast...
- Diet Pills: The Next Generation. Fischer, Mary A. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p103
Focuses on several weight loss drugs developed by pharmaceutical companies. Partnership between British pharmaceutical company Phytopharm PLC and Unilever PLC to develop a Hoodia-based food additive; Acomplia, a class of drug that blocks the cannabinoid receptor from Sanofi-Aventis SA in the...