Skills boost vital to win UK offshore wind jobs
- New website launched to 'SaveUSAWindJobs'. // Wind Energy Weekly;12/2/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1461, p2
The article reviews the web site wind power industry's job creation, located at www.SaveUSAWindJobs.com, for Americans.
- Regional & State Impacts of U.S. Wind Industry Activity. // AWEA Annual Wind Industry Report;2012, p51
The article reports on the impacts of the wind industry activity on the regions and states of the U.S. It notes the continued support of the industry of 80,700 full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs directly associated with the wind energy industry at the end of 2012. It cites the top ten states with...
- Jobs to drive the 21st CENTURY. Tapsell, Sherrill // New Zealand Management;Mar2001, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p38
Looks at the role of environmentally friendly industries in generating jobs in the 21st century. Number of jobs created by the wind power industry in 1999; Job opportunities in the re-manufacturing industry; Employment in the solar industry of the United States.
- Wind industry adds 23K jobs in 2014, sets construction record. // Power Engineering;May2015, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that according to a report from the American Wind Energy Association, the wind industry in the U.S. added 23,000 jobs in the year 2014.
- WIND JOBS SURPASS COAL JOBS. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb2009, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p35
The article reports on the increased in number of employment in the U.S. wind energy sector. Employment in the sector has risen more than 70 percent in 2008 over 2007 levels. This performance is a result of a record-setting 50 percent increase in installed wind capacity. The growth in wind power...
- A Boom Sustained. Isaacs, Jessica // WindLetter;Jul2010, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
The article offers information on the condition of the wind power industry in the U.S. It notes that more than 240 facilities supply to the wind industry and thousands of manufacturing jobs are made. It also mentions that policy and market instability has left wind manufacturing facilities...
- New No. 2: Caithness Oregon project among largest wind farms. // Wind Energy Weekly;9/28/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1502, p1
The article reports on the activation of the Caithness Energy's 845-Megawatts (MW) Shepherds Flat Wind Farm in Oregon.Oregon Representative Greg Walden mentions that the project has added to the tax base as counties were struggling to give basic services and has created jobs for rural areas of...
- BP exec: PTC is part of "all of the above" energy strategy. // Wind Energy Weekly;9/28/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1502, p2
The article reports on the statement from BP Wind Energy president John Graham on the stable wind power policy, considering the passage of a Production Tax Credit (PTC) extension. Graham mentions that the wind power industry has generated tens of thousands of new American jobs. He states that...
- Up to Speed. Wamsted, Dennis // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the U.S. wind power industry. It cites NextEra Energy Resources as the largest developer and owner of wind farms in the U.S. which in 2009 installed more than 7,400MW wind capacity. It indicates the involvement of electric utilities in wind power development that have...