Joined-up talent and diversity elusive
- Get the balance right on diversity. // People Management;5/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p11
The article considers the claim of a report from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) that a diversity balance scorecard can be used to evaluate the business gains of good diversity management. The report shows that managing diversity can be classified into four balanced...
- A professional route to success. // Training Journal;Oct2015, p16
An interview is presented with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) official Andy Lancaster, forecasting the future of the learning and development (L&D) field. Questions include discussion of how business practices have changed in recent years, how L&D professionals can...
- CIPD sets out HR's vital integration role in successful M&As. // Training Journal;May2008, p16
The article reports on the research of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) which promotes the vital role of human resource (HR) departments in the success of mergers and acquisitions (M&A). The research, which was entitled "International Mergers and Acquisitions: How can...
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Inside the box. Purcell, John; Kinnie, Nick; Hutchinson, Sue; Rayton, Bruce // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p30
Presents information on a research commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on a link between the way people are managed and business performance in Great Britain. Methodology used; Challenges faced by several human resource (HR) organizations; Implications for the...
- Institute comes under fire for the value it adds to HR. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p18
Reports on the opinion of several human resources (HR) managers on role of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in development of HR in Great Britain. Lack of quality in HR events organized by CIPD compared to other institution; Failure of the institute for providing...
- Support for CIPD as the debate on its role continues to rumble. Sloman, Martyn; Stewart, Jim; Comer, Sarah; Pryce, Tirion // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p16
Focuses on the services provided by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Need to challenge the claim of CIPD on lack of access to its research programmes; Availability of research information on website; High charges for availing the services of the CIPD...
- Winning ways. // People Management;Oct2011, p7
The author considers the entries for human resources (HR) practices, judged for the annual Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards, to be revealed on October 11, 2011.
- Gibraltar HR first to up its game with certificate. Churchard, Claire // People Management;5/20/2010, p8
The article reports that some human resource (HR) professionals in Gibraltar took the Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP), a qualification being offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2010.