THE POWER OF JUDICIAL IDEAS: A TRIBUTE TO JUSTICE HANS LINDE
- TRIBUTE TO JUSTICE HANS A. LINDE. // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1137
Pays tribute to United States Justice Hans Linde, one of the founding members of the journal `State Constitutionality Commentary.'
- A MODEST RELATIVISM. Griffin, Leslie // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1145
Features United States Justice Hans Linde and his views on moral relativism. Comment on a phrase quoted from a 1975 lecture by United States Justice Hans Linde concerning moral relativism.
- DEDICATION TO JUSTICE HANS A. LINDE. Davis, Heather // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1138
Praises the contributions of United States Justice Hans Linde to American law and legal scholarship. Information on Linde's primacy theory; His stand for the opinions of the Supreme Court; Implication of his decision over the State versus Robertson case.
- The Right-Remedy Gap in Constitutional Law. Jeffries Jr., John C. // Yale Law Journal;Oct99, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p87
Examines the right-remedy gap in the constitutional tort law of the United States. Summary of the tort law; Importance of innovation; Relevance of injunctions.
- CRISIS IN THE JUDICIARY. AARON, STEWART D. // New England Law Review;Spring2013, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p501
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the redesigns of several state judiciaries in America, as well as the voir dire process and state court judges in the U.S.
- New Life for the Compulsion Requirement of the State Action Doctrine after United States v. Southern Motor Carries Rate Conference, Inc. Friedrichsen, Timothy M. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring84, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p626
This article examines the effect of the Southern Motor Carriers decision on the state action doctrine. First, the development of the state action doctrine is discussed. Second, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals' decision in Southern Motor Carriers is presented. Third, the reasoning of Southern...
- Michigan Drug Law Struck Down: Life without parole for cocaine possession violates state constitution, court rules. Hansen, Mark // ABA Journal;Sep92, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p25
Reports on the unconstitutionality of the life without parole sentence for cocaine possession and the violation it imposed on the state constitution in the U.S. Eligibility of prisoners serving a mandatory life sentence for parole after several years; Inconsistencies created by the court's...
- EDITOR'S FOREWORD. Bonventre, Vincent Martin // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1133
Introduces a series of articles on state courts, state constitutional law and adjudication, as well as, several tributes to Justice Hans Linde.
- PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT? AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF CLAIM CONSTRUCTION REVERSAL RATES IN PATENT CASES. Schwartz, David L. // Michigan Law Review;Nov2008, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p223
This Article examines whether U.S. district court judges improve their skills at patent claim construction with experience, including the experience of having their own cases reviewed by the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. In theory, higher courts teach doctrine to lower courts via...