A MODEST RELATIVISM
- TRIBUTE TO JUSTICE HANS A. LINDE. // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1137
Pays tribute to United States Justice Hans Linde, one of the founding members of the journal `State Constitutionality Commentary.'
- DEDICATION TO JUSTICE HANS A. LINDE. Davis, Heather // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1138
Praises the contributions of United States Justice Hans Linde to American law and legal scholarship. Information on Linde's primacy theory; His stand for the opinions of the Supreme Court; Implication of his decision over the State versus Robertson case.
- THE POWER OF JUDICIAL IDEAS: A TRIBUTE TO JUSTICE HANS LINDE. McIntosh, Wayne V.; Cates, Cynthia L. // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1147
Features Justice Hans Linde of the United States Supreme Court. Views of Linde on state judges; Career background of Justice Linde; Views on tort law development in state courts.
- EDITOR'S FOREWORD. Bonventre, Vincent Martin // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1133
Introduces a series of articles on state courts, state constitutional law and adjudication, as well as, several tributes to Justice Hans Linde.
- The Inevitability of Government. Foster, Thomas // Challenge (05775132);Jul/Aug97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p83
States that United States government grew larger under Republicans and Democrats. Factors that underlie government's growth; Failures on society's commitment to the used of advanced technologies; Measures to cope with the displacement of workers.
- What good is government? Bennett, William J.; DiIulio Jr., John J. // Commentary;Nov97, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on certain issues about the United States government. Criticisms on President Clinton's 1996 State of Union address about the American government; Estimations on annual federal expenses before 2003; Some opinions on the kind of government Americans need.
- States balk at federal goals. Feldmann, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;2/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 47, p1
Reports that the governors of the United States are united in opposition to President Bill Clinton's proposal to cap federal spending on Medicaid and are still discontented with some of Clinton's proposals aimed at reforming welfare. Main issues that will be discussed by Clinton and the...
- Turnkey solutions cut GIS timeline. Ammerman, Peggy // American City & County;Apr98, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p12
Focuses the implementation of GIS by local governments in the United States. How GIS could be implemented; Details on how the benefits of a turnkey solution can be appreciated; Information on GIS.
- Building your GIS from the ground up. Somers, Rebecca // American City & County;Apr98, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p24
Looks at the evolution of local government GIS in the United States. What GIS was originally used for; Details on the GIS implementation process; Information on management strategies for GIS projects. INSETS: Getting there from here;County turns to satellite imagery for its GIS;Answering GIS...