Predictability of the Fulcrum Bending Radiograph in Scoliosis Correction with Alternate-Level Pedicle Screw Fixation
- The Influence of a Suction Device on Fixation of a Cemented Cup using RSA. A. Timperley; Sarah Whitehouse; Patrick Hourigan // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Mar2009, Vol. 467 Issue 3, p792
AbstractÂ Â The quality of technique used at the time of socket cementation is crucial in ensuring a durable long-term result of the implant. We asked whether a new instrument, an aspirator retractor introduced into the wing of the ilium before socket preparation and cementation, would...
- Outcomes After Volar Plate Fixation of Low-grade Open and Closed Distal Radius Fractures Are Similar. Kim, Jae; Park, Sang // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Jun2013, Vol. 471 Issue 6, p2030
Background: Low-grade (Gustilo and Anderson Type I or II) open distal radius fractures (DRFs) have been treated by volar locking plate fixation. However, it is unclear whether the outcomes after volar locking plate fixation for low-grade open DRFs are comparable to those for closed DRFs....
- Closed Reduction With Intramedullary Fixation for Midclavicular Fractures. Pei-Yu Chen; Chi-Chang Lin; Chen-Chie Wang; Ching-Lin Tsai // Orthopedics;May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p459
Presents a technique using closed reduction and percutaneous intramedullary fixation for midclavicular fractures. Details of the surgical technique; Case report of a patient with left midclavicular fracture with marked displacement; Limitations and disadvantages of the technique.
- How I do it: securing tracheostomy tubes. Liew, Leonard; Gibbins, Nicholas; Oyarzabal, Manuel // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;May2008, Vol. 265 Issue 5, p607
Securing a tracheostomy tube after insertion is essential to prevent accidental decannulation. Although this is uncommon, its associated mortality is high. Common practice involves suturing the lateral edges of the tube flanges to the skin. This can allow movement along the axis of the flanges....
- The effect of closed wedge high tibial osteotomy on tibial slope: a radiographic study. Hohmann, Erik; Bryant, Adam; Imhoff, Andreas B. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;May2006, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p454
In recent years there has been a renewed interest in high tibial osteotomies (HTOs). The development of new instruments and better fixation devices has significantly simplified the surgical procedure. This technique is frequently used to correct alignment in the frontal plane. However, changes...
- Distal radius measurements and efficacy of fixed-angle locking volar plates. AĞIR, İsmail; AYTEKİN, Mahmut Nedim; KÜÇÜKDURMAZ, Fatih; BAŞCI, Onur; TETİK, Cihangir // Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p36
Aim: For surgical treatment of unstable distal radius fractures, fixed-angled locking volar plate fixation is becoming popular nowadays because of some advantages over other surgical techniques. In this article, we discuss the fitting of fixed-angle locking volar plates to the distal radius in...
- COMPARISON OF PREOPERATIVE RADIOGRAPHS AND INTRAOPERATIVE FINDINGS OF FIXATION OF HEMISPHERIC POROUS-COATED SOCKETS. Udomkiat, Pacharapol; Zhinian Wan; Dorr, Lawrence D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Dec2001, Vol. 83-A Issue 12, p1865
Compares the radiographic appearance of a hemispheric porous-coated cementless cup fixed with screws with the intraoperative findings with regard to fixation status. Quality of cup fixation; Identification of loosening of the socket; Patient criteria for painful total hip replacement.
- SchÃ¤tzung des osteoporotischen Frakturrisikos: FRAX ist genau gleich schlecht wie einfache Modelle. Steurer, Johann // Praxis (16618157);4/27/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p559
No abstract available.
- Optimisation of patient doses in programmable dental panoramic radiography. Lecomber, A R; Downes, S L; Mokhtari, M; Faulkner, K // Dentomaxillofacial Radiology;Mar2000, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p107
OBJECTIVES:&EMSP;:To estimate the radiation-related risk associated with twelve imaging programs available on the Orthophosï¿½ (Siemens, Erlangen, Germany) dental panoramic radiography unit. Methods: Organ absorbed doses for each program were measured using a Rando anthropomorphic phantom...