Monetary and Fiscal Policy Mix in the Czech Republic
- Macroeconomic policies. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jul1998, Vol. 1998 Issue 12, p29
Reviews the conduct of monetary and fiscal policies in Czech Republic since the exchange rate crisis in 1997. Discussion on the central bank's adopted inflation targets as a new anchor for monetary management; Fiscal liabilities that are excluded in the government accounts; Details of the 1997...
- Monetary Policy During Transformation. Hanousek, Jan; Iz�k, Vratislav; Klokocnik, Otakar // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
The goal of this paper is to analyze quantitatively the monetary policy of the former Czechoslovakia, later the Czech Republic, with the help of analytical tools taken from advanced market economies. More concretely, we have in mind the following constructs: the quantity equation and its...
- Certain Specific Features of Monetary Policy in the Czech Republic. Janackova, Stanislava // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p60
Focuses on mutually dependent problems of monetary policy in the Czech Republic. Development of the monetary policy in the country in 1991; Discussion on the problem of indebtedness among different businesses.
- Dilemmas in Czech Monetary Policy. Jan�ckov�, Stanislava // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p78
Discusses challenges of monetary policy in Czech Republic. Differences in the way the central bank and the government evaluate economic and monetary situation; Rate of inflation; Lack of knowledge concerning the potential growth of gross national product.
- Selected Issues of Monetary Policy in the Czech Republic. Jan�ckov�, Stanislava // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p72
This paper analyzes two selected, though interconnected, issues of monetary policy that showed specific features in the Czech Republic during its first stage of transformation toward a standard, market economy, In the first part, the paper examines the role of a stable exchange rate as a nominal...
- Czech Republic: Further Ratings Upgrades On The Horizon? // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/10/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p14
The article forecasts a long-term positive outlook for the economy of the Czech Republic following a ratings upgrade by credit ratings agency Fitch. It is believed that the ongoing strength of macroeconomic fundamentals and responsible fiscal policy will facilitate real convergence towards the...
- Fiscal Position Healthy, For Now. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the economic outlook for Czech Republic. It is projected that the country will gradually rein in its general government shortfall going forward after posting an estimated 6% of gross domestic product (GDP) deficit in 2009, down to 1.9% by 2014. It is expected that fiscal...
- Positive Fiscal Outlook But Risks Remain. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
The article presents an economic forecast in 2011 in Czech Republic specifically on the fiscal disposition of the country. The centre-right coalition government has been anticipated to reduce the general government fiscal shortfall to 4.1 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2011. The...
- Assessment and recommendations. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jul2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 13, p9
Presents information on the economic performance of the Czech Republic as of July 2001. Macroeconomic reforms from 1997-1999; Factors contributing to the increase in external deficit; Discussion on the need to tighten fiscal policy.