Senate to vote on anti-bullying bill
- Mich. anti-bullying bill excludes religious beliefs. DEWEY, CHARLSIE // Windy City Times;11/9/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that the Senate Republicans in Michigan have passed an anti-bullying bill that does not include a religious belief or moral conviction of a school employee, student or parent or guardian.
- Mass. school districts promise anti-bullying action by deadline. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;11/18/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p1
The article reports that 393 schools have submitted plans to combat bullying and harassment in Massachusetts by December 31, 2010.
- State passes anti-bullying bill. // Windy City Times;4/28/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p8
The article announces the passage of the Prevent School Violence Illinois Act or SB3266, an anti-bullying bill, by the Illinois House of Representatives on April 23, 2010 by 108-0.
- LEGISLATIVE NOTES. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Mar2014, p123
The article offers information on legislative notes in the U.S. Topics include the voting in Tempe City, Arizona to add sexual orientation and gender identity to the city's law that bans employment discrimination, the refusal of the Idaho legislature to take up a proposal on adding sexual...
- Nebraska Lawmakers Pass Measure Against Bullying. // Education Week;2/13/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p5
The article announces that a law in Nebraska is aimed at preventing bullying in schools. The bill was proposed by state Senator Gwen Howard. While the law does not determine the exact measures that schools must take, it does require that all schools in the state have a policy in place that would...
- Counselors' jobs saved through enactment of education jobs aid. Barstow, Scott; Halt, Dominic // Counseling Today;Oct2010, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p10
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. related to counseling. The approval of a bill for an emergency funding helps states to avoid laying off of school counselors. Richard Yep, executive director of the American Counseling Association (ACA), attends the "Bullying Prevention Summit" in which...
- Instructor News&Trends. Israel, Elaine // Instructor;Apr2005, Vol. 114 Issue 7, p9
Presents news briefs on the U.S. educational system as of April 2005. Creation of a bill that would mandate placing students' weight and body mass index on report cards; Results of a study on the No Child Left Behind law; Information on a bill that would provide anti-bullying training to school...
- Bully proofing your school: Creating a positive climate. Garrity, Carla; Jens, Kathryn // Intervention in School & Clinic;Mar97, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p235
Discusses a prevention program designed to stop bullying at the elementary level. Five key components of the bully-proofing program; Systems approach of the program; Staff training in implementing the program; Types of conflict resolutions by grade level; Classroom intervention; Intervention...
- Bullies and their victims: Understanding a pervasive problem in the schools. Batsche, George M.; Knoff, Howard M. // School Psychology Review;1994, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p165
Studies bullying in the schools in the United States. Characteristics of bullies and their victims; Factors that affect the development of the bully or victim experience; Responses of the school system to bullying; Components for a comprehensive intervention plan for bullying.