IN THE LOOP
- Publishers Show First Sales Increase In Months For Adult Hardcovers. // Book Publishing Report;05/21/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p7
Reports the increase in adult hardcovers sales in the United States. Percentage of sales growth; Comparison between 2000 and 2001 gross sales; Presentation of publisher's domestic monthly sales report.
- Fiction notes. // Publishers Weekly;4/27/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 17, p47
Mentions several books being published in May 1998. `Midnight Magic: Selected Stories of Bobbie Ann Mason'; `The Rice Sprout Song,' by Eileen Chang; `When Memory Dies,' by A. Srivanandan; `The Last Innauguration,' by Charles Lichtman.
- Selling to the Spanish-Language Market in the U.S. Kiser, Karn // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p35
Surveys the market of Spanish-language books in the United States. Growing purchasing power of Spanish-speaking people in the United States; Challenges facing publishers, distributors and bookstores of Spanish-language books; Discussion on how they can market Spanish-language books effectively....
- Book Marketing: The Real Digital Frontier. Felici, James // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;11/29/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p4
The article discusses on the efforts of publishers to adopt the digitization of book production and distribution in Frankfurt, Germany. John Makinson stated that book publishing is not a high growing industry and is declining in sales over years, but the advent of online selling of printed books...
- College Textbook Sales Climb in 2010. // Educational Marketer;2/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the economic conditions of the college textbook publishing industry which is experiencing a decline in net sales by 3.6% to 890.2-million dollar in December 2009 as a result of slow enrollment growth and reduction in the number of courses offered in the U.S.
- Higher Ed. Helps Propel Thomson Learning Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;11/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the revenue growth of Thomson Corp. in the U.S. Increase in the sales of electronic products for library reference; Factors contributing to the growth in the revenue of the company; Recovery in the international operations of Thomson Corp.
- In Tough 2004, K-12 Publishers Eked Out Flat Revenue, Up 0.1%. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the increase in textbooks and supplemental net sales of the K-12 publishers in the U.S. Result of the Florida math adoption and energetic purchasing in open territories; Generation of growth in supplemental sales; Improvement of the publisher's gloomy forecasts.
- College Publishers See Net Sales Loss in March; YTD up 18.3%. // Educational Marketer;6/ 7/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the business operations of college publishers which experienced net loss of 53.1-million dollar in March 2009 but an increase of its year-to-date net sales by 18.3% in the first three months of 2010 in the U.S.
- DATABASE & DIRECTORY PUBLISHING INDUSTRY (NAICS 51114). // United States Database & Directory Publishing Industry Report;2016, p1
An industry report of the database and directory publishing industry in the U.S. during 2015-2016 is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including estimated sales, number of employees, and estimated number of establishments.